No post with a boot loop

jonwong966

A few months back, my friends and I thought to make a hackintosh for my friends birthday. We made a parts list and went with Ryzen 3 2200g. We knew that we had to update the bios on our asrock b350m-e before the chip could work so my friend took his Ryzen 5 1600 so we could update. First, the cpu was stuck to the heat sink. I twisted it off and clumsy me dropped it. Thank god I bent the pins back and it worked fine. The sleeper motherboard and cpu works fine and it boots. When I tried to put back his Ryzen 5, it wouldn’t boot at all. All motherboard Leds are on and fans spin up. So I thought to reseat the cpu in the socket. Then I saw some thermal paste in the socket. I cleaned as much as I could get out then tried it again. Same problem. Not posting and it’s boot looping. His motherboard doesn’t have boot leds or a speaker so I don’t know what is wrong. Any suggestions on where I should start? I know for sure his cpu isn’t fried because it still works on the other board. Did the thermal paste fry the socket? I don’t know where to go from this.

Pc parts lists 

friends

Cpu:Ryzen 5 1600

mobo:Msi tomahawk killer AC/SLI

Ram:16gb DDR4 

gpu:evga gtx970 super clocked

sleeper

cpu:Ryzen 3 2200g

mobo:Asrock b350m-e

ram:ballistics 8gb

onboard graphics

Most likely there is still thermal paste in the socket. Washing it with rubbing alcohol might work. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

3 minutes ago, App4that said:

Most likely there is still thermal paste in the socket. Washing it with rubbing alcohol might work. 

Do you think I should do a alcohol bath? Or just take a tooth brush to it? 

I'd try a flush first. Being careful to let the board fully dry, you also want the board out of the case. Really depends how much paste is on there, how much of a pain it will be to remove. 

Just now, App4that said:

I'd try a flush first. Being careful to let the board fully dry, you also want the board out of the case. Really depends how much paste is on there, how much of a pain it will be to remove. 

The abundance of the paste was taken off. It is barley visible anymore. If there is any more, then it’s in one of the pin holes.

Yup, you could get like and it comes right out, or not and it's a pain to remove. Depending on the paste depends on how conductive it is. What did you use?

3 hours ago, App4that said:

Yup, you could get like and it comes right out, or not and it's a pain to remove. Depending on the paste depends on how conductive it is. What did you use?

Sorry for the late reply. It was just the stock paste on the heatsink. I've used a qtip to Clean off the socket but still no post. 

1 minute ago, jonwong966 said:

Sorry for the late reply. It was just the stock paste on the heatsink. I've used a qtip to Clean off the socket but still no post. 

Tricky part is not knowing how conducive that paste was.