Login with USB

Hello, LinusTechTips forum. I am a big fan of computers and I wanted to know if it is possible to make a USB drive that u can use to login to a site or app. 

If this is possible can you guys please explain to me how to do it or give me a link to a tutorial or guide.

Thanks a lot :)

You mean one that automatically enters your details into username/password forms?

Two problems with that :

1. I do not think it exists.
  2. If it does it is extremely unsafe unless a good encryption is used.

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

1 minute ago, Sfekke said:

You mean one that automatically enters your details into username/password forms?

Two problems with that :

1. I do not think it exists.
  2. If it does it is extremely unsafe unless a good encryption is used.

You that is what I mean. I am searching for something that automatically enters my password, so I can use a really difficult password and I don't have to remember every single letter. But if it does not exist I think I need to make easier passwords that I can remember xD.

Trouwens ik zie nu pas dat je Belgisch bent. Dan kunnen wij net zo goed Nederlands tegen elkaar praten :)

(For all the English people on this forum, I said to Sfekke something in Dutch. I said ''I see that you are from Belgium, it would be much more easy to speak Dutch to each other'')

Look up YubiKey. It's probably what you're looking for.

If you're looking for something you can roll out on your own out of a thumb drive, that's not going to happen considering:

• The thumb drive will always report itself as a storage device (unless you hack the firmware)
  • Modern OSes don't automatically run things from them anymore because that's a huge security hazard.

13 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Look up YubiKey. It's probably what you're looking for.

If you're looking for something you can roll out on your own out of a thumb drive, that's not going to happen considering:

• The thumb drive will always report itself as a storage device (unless you hack the firmware)
  • Modern OSes don't automatically run things from them anymore because that's a huge security hazard.

Thanks for your reply. I will take a look at that YubiKey :)