Windows 10 Update made my mic faulty! :(

Ervinoo
Go to solution Solved by Tabs,

On the settings page for privacy > microphone, does Windows have your permission to access it? It's listed as "microphone access for this device".

Hello guys,

I have updated my windows recently and my microphone has stopped working, before the update it was working fine. I tried to go back to the previuos version of Windows 10 and the microphone started working, but when I updated it again it stoped. Any ideas why this might be happening? :)

Thanks!!

Ervino.

1 minute ago, Ervinoo said:

Hello guys,

I have updated my windows recently and my microphone has stopped working, before the update it was working fine. I tried to go back to the previuos version of Windows 10 and the microphone started working, but when I updated it again it stoped. Any ideas why this might be happening? :)

Thanks!!

Ervino.

What mic is this? I used a Sennheiser PC7 that worked before April Creator's Update, but stopped working after. It shows up just fine, but it's not actually picking up anything.

Though I thought the mic was just going out since it was four years old.

On the settings page for privacy > microphone, does Windows have your permission to access it? It's listed as "microphone access for this device".

25 minutes ago, Tabs said:

That was the problem lol, thanks! :)