CHC Silverado

djewell314

So the headphones I've been looking into were the ad900x and k702 but I have heard good things about the CHC's and was wondering how comfortable they are? also they are closed back vs the open back ones I was looking at. and what are the earpads made of and how durable is it and do they make your ears sweat?

As one of the "OG" backers I got the Laredos so I can't comment on the comfort ability (<--never knew that was two words wow) of over ears vs on ears but I throw my Laredos around all the time and they haven't dented or anything still perfectly fine. I assume they use the same leather. 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

As one of the "OG" backers I got the Laredos so I can't comment on the comfort ability (<--never knew that was two words wow) of over ears vs on ears but I throw my Laredos around all the time and they haven't dented or anything still perfectly fine. I assume they use the same leather. 

I had heard good things about the build quality but i was wondering about th quality of the actual pads because I'm curently using the cheep monoprice headphones and there earpads are cracking and uncomfortable and the pictures of the silverados look like they are made of similar stuff.

Jesse Cox (a popular youtuber) has a pair and has had them for a year or so and loves them, no problems so far either.

CPU: AMD 3600 GPU: ASUS DUAL OC RX 6750 XT MOBO: Asus Prime X570-P RAM: 16GB XPG Gammix D10 3000Mhz

PSU: Gamdias Kratos P1 650w 80+ Gold OS:Windows 10 pro Case: 4U Rackmount  HDD/SSD:Seagate 8 TB/ Patriot Scorch m.2 512GB

You can't spell ignorant without IGN...-TheSLSAMG

I had heard good things about the build quality but i was wondering about th quality of the actual pads because I'm curently using the cheep monoprice headphones and there earpads are cracking and uncomfortable and the pictures of the silverados look like they are made of similar stuff.

They most likely are, it's just a $100 difference so the earpads are probably the last thing that's price cut. They're good feeling and soft, not hard at all. Of course mine are more worn in. 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

Jesse Cox (a popular youtuber) has a pair and has had them for a year or so and loves them, no problems so far either.

yea i saw his video on them and started thinking about that route. I was also wondering how they are amped and unamped?

yea i saw his video on them and started thinking about that route. I was also wondering how they are amped and unamped?

They are only 50Ω so you can run them on any phone or 3.5mm device without problems.

CPU: AMD 3600 GPU: ASUS DUAL OC RX 6750 XT MOBO: Asus Prime X570-P RAM: 16GB XPG Gammix D10 3000Mhz

PSU: Gamdias Kratos P1 650w 80+ Gold OS:Windows 10 pro Case: 4U Rackmount  HDD/SSD:Seagate 8 TB/ Patriot Scorch m.2 512GB

You can't spell ignorant without IGN...-TheSLSAMG

I wore mine for 12 hours straight yesterday, they're pretty freakin comfy. Sound great, and don't need major amplification.

I wore mine for 12 hours straight yesterday, they're pretty freakin comfy. Sound great, and don't need major amplification.

would you sugest any kind of amplification?

would you sugest any kind of amplification?

Everything needs some kind of amplification.  :rolleyes:

Everything needs some kind of amplification.  :rolleyes:

Well obvously but i think you know what i ment. i was originaly looking at the schiit magni.

Amps don't magically improve the sound, they just make the sound louder. You. Do not. Need. An amp.

Amps don't magically improve the sound, they just make the sound louder. You. Do not. Need. An amp.

thank you for the input

If you want a nice desktop sound setup, save up for both a DAC and amp. I'd suggest not getting a Magni as the gain is permanently set pretty high, and you'll find little play in the volume control.

If you want a nice desktop sound setup, save up for both a DAC and amp. I'd suggest not getting a Magni as the gain is permanently set pretty high, and you'll find little play in the volume control.

what would you sugest? e10 or e9?

what would you sugest? e10 or e9?

Negative on the E9 - it's got a high output impedance. The E10 is good.