Asus maximus x hero case fan support

Go to solution Solved by Yatys 93,
1 minute ago, Totally Not Woojin said:

I plan to do just air cooling as I’m not very good with it and I don’t have many time, so do you know how many chassis air fans there are? I’m not good with manuals on finding out which parts I need.

they will all work with case fans, you will just need to change where they read temps from for some of them, also note the EXT_Fan header goes to a n included mini board to give you an extra 3 fan headers, so that will be 6 ready to go out of the box, most cases you'd be hard pressed to have more than that 

image.png.0ed389d289e6d75072d3c2e3056c1f34.png

Hello everyone, I’m looking to buy a asus maximus x hero, and I need to found everything I need to know about this motherboard except for how many case fans the asus maximus x hero can support without any additional purchase like fan splitters. I looked and some sources say 3 headers, but others 8, can somebody confirm which is true? 

Thanks

There are better places to spend money than on a 250 dollar MOBO.Any particular reason on why you need it?

My life

4 minutes ago, Totally Not Woojin said:

Hello everyone, I’m looking to buy a asus maximus x hero, and I need to found everything I need to know about this motherboard except for how many case fans the asus maximus x hero can support without any additional purchase like fan splitters. I looked and some sources say 3 headers, but others 8, can somebody confirm which is true? 

Thanks

13 minutes ago, Himommies said:

There are better places to spend money than on a 250 dollar MOBO.Any particular reason on why you need it?

Maybe they like their VRMs to work. You know. Odd things PC people like to have. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Just now, App4that said:

Maybe they like their VRMs to work. You know. Odd things PC people like to have. 

You can get good VRM's without spending 250 on a mobo

My life

1 minute ago, Himommies said:

You can get good VRM's without spending 250 on a mobo

*sigh*

I started out with a Strix, completely hated it. Without running a LLC of 6 the thing wouldn't OC. Returned it and got a Maximus X Code (same as the Hero just with larger VRM heatsinks) and overclocking is a dream.

News flash: Expensive motherboards make life easier, and don;t hurt anyone who chose not to buy them. 

4 minutes ago, App4that said:

*sigh*

I started out with a Strix, completely hated it. Without running a LLC of 6 the thing wouldn't OC. Returned it and got a Maximus X Code (same as the Hero just with larger VRM heatsinks) and overclocking is a dream.

News flash: Expensive motherboards make life easier, and don;t hurt anyone who chose not to buy them. 

You can chose to get a 150 dollar mobo,which will serve you just as well as long as you aren't pushing some ridiculous OC's the money would be much better off spent on a 500GB SSD or a AIO,especially when you hit ROG territory your basically paying for the brand name

My life

I realized  a lot of people saying that there are cheaper motherboards that give about the same experience. Can you give me examples?

5 minutes ago, Himommies said:

You can chose to get a 150 dollar mobo,which will serve you just as well as long as you aren't pushing some ridiculous OC's the money would be much better off spent on a 500GB SSD or a AIO,especially when you hit ROG territory your basically paying for the brand name

Do you know the OP isn't looking to overclock? You're not buying a name, you're buying quality. (when talking about ASUS) The OP hasn't said they're sacrificing a SSD to the gods of capitolism. They're asking about how many fan headers a motherboard that's the backbone of their entire system has. 

Go cheap, good news is you have a forum to fall back on when things go wrong. Let other people buy what they like. 

I realized  a lot of people saying that there are cheaper motherboards that give about the same experience. Can you give me examples?

Z370 Extreme4

My life

19 minutes ago, Yatys 93 said:

Taken from the manual

image.png.a787271bf6b743ba6c4d3e7633aa8252.png

I plan to do just air cooling as I’m not very good with it and I don’t have many time, so do you know how many chassis air fans there are? I’m not good with manuals on finding out which parts I need.

they will all work with case fans, you will just need to change where they read temps from for some of them, also note the EXT_Fan header goes to a n included mini board to give you an extra 3 fan headers, so that will be 6 ready to go out of the box, most cases you'd be hard pressed to have more than that 

6 minutes ago, App4that said:

Do you know the OP isn't looking to overclock? You're not buying a name, you're buying quality. (when talking about ASUS) The OP hasn't said they're sacrificing a SSD to the gods of capitolism. They're asking about how many fan headers a motherboard that's the backbone of their entire system has. 

Go cheap, good news is you have a forum to fall back on when things go wrong. Let other people buy what they like. 

1 minute ago, Yatys 93 said:

Oh, ok thanks! 6 should be enough, but I guess if I do choose to get more fans, I’m assuming I can change the 3 headers in the bios. No pyshical tinkering. Right?

1 minute ago, App4that said:

hope the OP doesn't need to use any USB ports

Why would you need more than 8?

Also you can get a USB Hub of amazon

9 minutes ago, App4that said:

You're not buying a name, you're buying quality.

The buy a Z370-A.It's the exact board just without the branding,unless you need some specific feature there almost never worth it

My life

Just now, Totally Not Woojin said:

Oh, ok thanks! 6 should be enough, but I guess if I do choose to get more fans, I’m assuming I can change the 3 headers in the bios. No pyshical tinkering. Right?

You already have 9 headers so you don't really need the expansion board

My life

10 minutes ago, Himommies said:

Z370 Extreme4

Good value, but the lack of usbs and just that I’m looking to build a very expensive system draws me away

Why would you need more than 8?

Also you can get a USB Hub of amazon

The buy a Z370-A.It's the exact board just without the branding,unless you need some specific feature there almost never worth it

No, my god man no. Completely different board. 

Good value, but the lack of usbs and just that I’m looking to build a very expensive system draws me away

How is 8 USB's not enough for pepole

just that I’m looking to build a very expensive system draws me away

Ah if the looks are what your going for then go on ahead

My life

2 minutes ago, Himommies said:

I’m sorry, but an expansion board? What is that exactly? Is that this mobo or like an exapansion, as if it is an expansion, I am not looking to buy any.

2 minutes ago, Totally Not Woojin said:

ya the headers will pick up the pwm info from the fans, and you would need to change what it triggering an increase or decrease in speed, which heat prob it is using.

so you are saying not to use the INCLUDED fan board, to make life easier? 

I’m sorry, but an expansion board? What is that exactly? Is that this mobo or like an exapansion, as if it is an expansion, I am not looking to buy any.

It's this

Comes included if i remember correctly

3 minutes ago, App4that said:

No, my god man no. Completely different board. 

What feature do you need that the Z370-A does not have

My life

1 minute ago, Yatys 93 said:

ya the headers will pick up the pwm info from the fans, and you would need to change what it triggering an increase or decrease in speed, which heat prob it is using.

so you are saying not to use the INCLUDED fan board, to make life easier? 

yea

And it's ugly

My life

asus started a thing a little while back, first time I found it was on the maximus VIII impact, the little ITX board that I use in my VR box, where instead of having a single fan header on the board, they have a new sort of connector, in the box there will also be a cable and a little PCB, this little board has 3 fan headers, and a couple temp prob connectors to give you a more fans without taking up space on the main board, the 3 fan headers all show up in the BIOS as individual headers than can be messed with as much as you like