Broke my CPU?

TeddyTickler

Hello. First time here so sorry if I miss any details. Last week I tried turning my PC on and it would not go past to bios screen (spinning wheel on logo). My CPU is an r5 1600 that has been overclocked (stable after a few BSODs due to RAM and a fresh install of windows) to 4.1 since I bought it just under a year ago. I tried reinstalling windows on my ssd and another hdd but the installer crashes before or just after the first install screen, sometimes even black screen after bios. I tried reseating the ram and gpu, reseating the CPU, unplugging all cables to motherboard, resetting original bios settings, cmos clear and swapping out my gpu for an amd one. I have no other am4 motherboard or cpu to try. Anything else I can try? Other specs are: msi x370 gaming plus mobo, msi gtx 1080 gaming x, 16gb corsair vengeance led, 2 2tb wd blue hdds, 500 gb sandisk ultra II ssd and a 750w rosewill 80+ gold psu. Thanks in advance.

Is it crashing at stock settings?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Welcome to the forum. You might want to quote the respondent ( @WoodenMarker in this case) so that he gets notified of your reply 

Have you double checked to see if the sata cables are fully inserted? They can also be sensitive to excessive bending or twisting.

It might also be worth checking the health of your storage drives with software like CrystalDiskInfo on another working system.

To properly tag, you have to click on a member's name from the dropdown menu when typing after the @ symbol.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

@WoodenMarker. Thanks for the quick responses. I unplugged and reinserted the sata cable a few times at both ends and used a different cable when trying a second drive.

Did you get around to checking for the drive health?