Micro stutter in all games wont go away?

11killer34
Go to solution Solved by Snipergod87,

How much if your page file being used?  I would still suspect the RAM, around 80% RAM usage windows starts heavily sending data in RAM to the disk,

System:

H81PROBTC (maybe pci express 2.0 fault?)

i7 4790k

gtx 1080 asus strix a8g 

1 stick 8gb billistix 1600 mhz ram (maybe single channel fault?)

ssd and firecuda hdd (hybrid hdd)

PSU: corsair tx750m

Case: RL06 (temps are good)

Windows 10 64 bit (updated)

Nvidia drivers (updated, tried max performance and other settings and it doesnt work)

I tried almost everything, i just cant seem to get rid of stutter. I noticed that every time stutter happens gpu performance falls for like 10% . And mostly it happens when i move around in games (maybe something to do with loading map?). Cpu doesnt go over 80% usage. Also furmark gpu stress test is 100% sucessful (no falls there). But no matter which game i always get those micro stutter. Pretty sad when investing so much money in gtx 1080..

Most likely insufficent RAM, you have a great CPU and great GPU but really lacking in the RAM dept.

It the textures your game needs arent in your GPU's RAM it will go to system RAM, but 8GB isnt alot for a game + OS + background applications, so if its not in system RAM it goes to disk which can cause short freezes

4 minutes ago, 11killer34 said:

System:

H81PROBTC (maybe pci express 2.0 fault?)

i7 4790k

gtx 1080 asus strix a8g 

1 stick 8gb billistix 1600 mhz ram (maybe single channel fault?)

ssd and firecuda hdd (hybrid hdd)

PSU: corsair tx750m

Case: RL06 (temps are good)

Windows 10 64 bit (updated)

Nvidia drivers (updated, tried max performance and other settings and it doesnt work)

I tried almost everything, i just cant seem to get rid of stutter. I noticed that every time stutter happens gpu performance falls for like 10% . And mostly it happens when i move around in games (maybe something to do with loading map?). Cpu doesnt go over 80% usage. Also furmark gpu stress test is 100% sucessful (no falls there). But no matter which game i always get those micro stutter. Pretty sad when investing so much money in gtx 1080..

We are just starting to push the limits of PCIE 2.0 16x with the 1080ti you should be fine there.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

Well, i just decreased fornite graphics from epic to medium and low. Stuttering remains the same. My ram doesnt go above 6.3 gb/8 gb. Should i still suspect ram?

How much if your page file being used?  I would still suspect the RAM, around 80% RAM usage windows starts heavily sending data in RAM to the disk,

15 minutes ago, Snipergod87 said:

Red circle is typical micro stutter (that happened on epic settings, ram usage is 65%).

gpudrop2.png

On 5/1/2018 at 2:24 AM, Snipergod87 said:

Well i just tryed to turn of paging. And my game crashed. Do you think those random stutters that i get when moving around is from not having sufficiant RAM, so 16 gb is must have for gtx 1080?

Windows can show you how much has been commited to page file, you can take a look at that, but in general 16GB is strongly recommended for gaming, esp if you leave background tasks open.

41 minutes ago, Snipergod87 said:

Windows can show you how much has been commited to page file, you can take a look at that, but in general 16GB is strongly recommended for gaming, esp if you leave background tasks open.

Well after turning of page filing (virtual ram), assasins creed origins crashed instantly (very high settings), need for speed payback also. I could play Fortnite but it used like 7.7 gb/7.9 gb committed ram and after 15 min crashed. Testing was done when all other applications were closed, which means that even fortnite uses more then 7.9 gb ram and thats probably why it stuttered when i was moving time to time right, because ssd (as virtual ram) cant send data fast enough:) ? But it did run smoothly

After placing extra 8 gb ram (now total of 16 gb). I turned off paging file and now is gameplay much more smoother. Usually when i start game it stutters a bit (guess the textures are still loading), but after same gameplay the stutters (0.1-0.5 sec) only occours after traveling around very fast (every 1-3 min) guess its normal for textures to load.

Hey,

I have the same problem, the game runs fine for around 30 mins and then lags/stutters like mad unless I restart the game, all the settings are on Medium apart from Ambient Occlusion set to off at 1080, I have 16 GB ram, my OS is on SSD and game is stored on HDD with page file also on HDD to save SSD for pointless Read/Writes, I have all the latest drivers, no heating problems and nothing really running in background, I have set graphics to low at 720 res and performance is better but looks awful, making me not want to play the game.

I don't know if anyone can see my problem or if its a game issue, but here are my system specs.

• CPU
    Intel I7 920 D0
  • Motherboard
    Asus P6T SE
  • RAM
    CORSAIR Vengeance 2x8GB
  • GPU
    ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1050
  • Case
    Antec Nine Hundred
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB + Toshiba 1TB 
  • PSU
    Corsair CX 650
  • Display(s)
    ACER KG271 Full HD 27" LED
  • Cooling
    CORSAIR Hydro Series H55 120 mm
  • Operating System
    Windows 10
    5af8a147c8f3d_screenshotnfs.jpg.406a55ab1a01a77c52003094c8722873.jpg

On 13. 5. 2018 at 10:51 PM, JCourt said:

Hey,

I have the same problem, the game runs fine for around 30 mins and then lags/stutters like mad unless I restart the game, all the settings are on Medium apart from Ambient Occlusion set to off at 1080, I have 16 GB ram, my OS is on SSD and game is stored on HDD with page file also on HDD to save SSD for pointless Read/Writes, I have all the latest drivers, no heating problems and nothing really running in background, I have set graphics to low at 720 res and performance is better but looks awful, making me not want to play the game.

I don't know if anyone can see my problem or if its a game issue, but here are my system specs.

• CPU
    Intel I7 920 D0
  • Motherboard
    Asus P6T SE
  • RAM
    CORSAIR Vengeance 2x8GB
  • GPU
    ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1050
  • Case
    Antec Nine Hundred
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB + Toshiba 1TB 
  • PSU
    Corsair CX 650
  • Display(s)
    ACER KG271 Full HD 27" LED
  • Cooling
    CORSAIR Hydro Series H55 120 mm
  • Operating System
    Windows 10
    5af8a147c8f3d_screenshotnfs.jpg.406a55ab1a01a77c52003094c8722873.jpg

After 30 min you say. If first 30 min are ok with your games, perhaps the temperatures are getting high in your case, but from hw monitor you dont have high temps. Did you measure those temps after 30 min of use?

my temps are fine, i use afterburner with a custom fan profile to enable fan at low temps and it ramps the fan up quickly on the GPU at higher temps, i have a water cooled cpu that never goes above 55c and case has loads of air flow, hw monitor is on all the time, temps where monitors all the time game was playing and before

On 16. 5. 2018 at 3:52 PM, JCourt said:

my temps are fine, i use afterburner with a custom fan profile to enable fan at low temps and it ramps the fan up quickly on the GPU at higher temps, i have a water cooled cpu that never goes above 55c and case has loads of air flow, hw monitor is on all the time, temps where monitors all the time game was playing and before

I removed most of stuttering with rolling nvidia driver back to version 389.61 i think. New drivers is causing a lot more stuttering for my gtx 1080