This monitor is overclockable, does that mean it has no risk though?

Go to solution Solved by Alesek,

It shouldnt void the warranty if it is a feature of the monitor but best will be to contact the manufacturer and ask them directly. I have PG279Q, which is 144hz overclockable to 165hz and I can do it through the monitor menu. I even used a warranty repair on it once and they didnt have any issues with it.

Hello, I’ve been looking at a monitor on Newegg lately. 

The monitor says it’s 144hz but overclockable to 180hz everywhere. 

It says it in the title, information and specifications. 

Does this mean it’s totally safe and that i won’t void warranty? 

I don’t want to break anything and 144 would still be great. 

I just thought that if i could get extra why wouldn’t I?

Thanks. 

as with anything, technically pushing beyond the specifications it is shipped from the vendor usually invalidates the warranty. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

It shouldnt void the warranty if it is a feature of the monitor but best will be to contact the manufacturer and ask them directly. I have PG279Q, which is 144hz overclockable to 165hz and I can do it through the monitor menu. I even used a warranty repair on it once and they didnt have any issues with it.

5900X

MSI MEG X570 Unify

32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance

RTX 3080

Dark Base Pro 900

Corsair RM1000i

3 minutes ago, Alesek said:

Ditto on what @Alesek said, I have the same monitor.  I haven't had to have a repair on it though.

If it has a good power supply, it should be fine.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

15 minutes ago, Alesek said:

11 minutes ago, PineyCreek said:

Ditto on what @Alesek said, I have the same monitor.  I haven't had to have a repair on it though.

That monitor has exactly the same as mine!

it is 144hz but says 165hz overclockable. 

Great to hear that i won’t void warranty or break anything.

monitor = ASUS ROG Swift PG248Q eSports Gaming Monitor