Minecraft Java Edition on Pocket Server?

Valkyrie Lenneth

can minecraft java edition play on windows 10 edition pocket servers?

got an issue where 1 rig has problems running win10 and 2 other rigs are on win10, since java edition is expensive i need to know if that 1 pc can run java edition and play together with the win10 edition

its for some kids at a customer of mine so i cant really switch them all to win7

its for a server called lifeboat or somtihng , i dont play the game so idk much bout it

(◑‿◐)

Unfortunately no, you can't. Pocket edition client and server are written in C++, it's much closer to the console edition in terms of codebase. 

All editions are incompatible with each other - only java desktop client can connect to java server, pocket edition to pocket server etc.

Just now, Tabs said:

Unfortunately no, you can't. Pocket edition client and server are written in C++, it's much closer to the console edition in terms of codebase. 

All editions are incompatible with each other - only java desktop client can connect to java server, pocket edition to pocket server etc.

anyway to get win10 edition running on win7 then? :c

or some version that supports win7 and can go on pocket servers

(◑‿◐)

2 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

anyway to get win10 edition running on win7 then? :c

or some version that supports win7 and can go on pocket servers

I'm pretty sure the answer is no - at least, not that I know of. It's a UWP app, and although some UWP apps are simple repackaged programs that can relatively easily be run on any compatible OS, Minecraft isn't one of them since it's a port of the mobile code. :(

10 minutes ago, Tabs said:

pocket edition to pocket server etc.

You can crossplay between the Windows 10 edition,PE and Console

My life

1 minute ago, Himommies said:

You can crossplay between the Windows 10 edition,PE and Console

its win10 edition tho, it has to crossplay with java edition, :(

else i got a big task of trying to make an unstable win10 stable

(◑‿◐)

3 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

Because those 3 are on the new C++ "Bedrock Edition" platform, while Java is on the legacy platform, but still most up to date until they move Bedrock onto pre Windows 10

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

4 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

That might be the only option here - As @Himommies stated, the pocket edition, console edition and Windows 10 (uwp) edition can all interplay as they are effectively the same c++ code on different platforms. The java edition is completely different, and no interplay is possible between java and the other 3 editions.

Just now, Tabs said:

That might be the only option here - As @Himommies stated, the pocket edition, console edition and Windows 10 (uwp) edition can all interplay as they are effectively the same c++ code on different platforms. The java edition is completely different, and no interplay is possible between java and the other 3 editions.

yh guess i got no option but to try n do the impossible, fixing bsods on a win10 system that doesnt bsod on win7.. ;c

(◑‿◐)

9 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

yh guess i got no option but to try n do the impossible, fixing bsods on a win10 system that doesnt bsod on win7.. ;c

Is it a driver support issue? This might be one of those no-win scenarios if the machine is out of support and has broken drivers in all Windows 10 editions.

Some of the intel chips with integrated imagination technologies gpus are effectively stuck on early versions of Windows 10 (1507/1603/1607) because they couldn't be made to run under newer versions.

Try installing 1607 if the machine in question has one of these chips - Intel atom (clover trail, Z2500 series and Z2700 series). 1607 for those machines is a special case and will keep getting Microsoft support up until 2023.

1607 is also the earliest windows 10 version that will run the UWP version of Minecraft.

1 minute ago, Tabs said:

Is it a driver support issue? This might be one of those no-win scenarios if the machine is out of support and has broken drivers in all Windows 10 editions.

Some of the intel chips with integrated imagination technologies gpus are effectively stuck on early versions of Windows 10 (1507/1603/1607) because they couldn't be made to run under newer versions.

Try installing 1607 if the machine in question has one of these chips - Intel atom (clover trail, Z2500 series and Z2700 series). 1607 for those machines is a special case and will keep getting Microsoft support up until 2023.

1607 is also the earliest windows 10 version that will run the UWP version of Minecraft.

its an issue where i upgraded a cpu from a fx 4350 to a 8350 and start getting bsods, format nothing works but the chip is stable in win7, win10 it isnt, update nothing works just getting bsods + windows blows up like nothing, hardware is stable and checked already

(◑‿◐)

3 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

its an issue where i upgraded a cpu from a fx 4350 to a 8350 and start getting bsods, format nothing works but the chip is stable in win7, win10 it isnt, update nothing works just getting bsods + windows blows up like nothing, hardware is stable and checked already

What kind of bugchecks are you getting? Your experience obviously implies something has changed in software or firmware between windows 7 and 10 that's making it unstable on the 8350, so it *should* be fixable. The chip isn't old enough for the board manufacturer to have completely given up on it, so it should have a relatively modern bios/uefi - I assume it's already at the latest, however.

Either way though, it looks like trying to resolve the Windows 10 issues is probably your only solution here - there are no c++ to java Minecraft bridges - and the c++ version is closed source - so trying to build one is going to be close to impossible.

15 minutes ago, Tabs said:

What kind of bugchecks are you getting? Your experience obviously implies something has changed in software or firmware between windows 7 and 10 that's making it unstable on the 8350, so it *should* be fixable. The chip isn't old enough for the board manufacturer to have completely given up on it, so it should have a relatively modern bios/uefi - I assume it's already at the latest, however.

Either way though, it looks like trying to resolve the Windows 10 issues is probably your only solution here - there are no c++ to java Minecraft bridges - and the c++ version is closed source - so trying to build one is going to be close to impossible.

all over the place, nothing steady really, from 1a to system exception not handled to irq page faults...    totally randomly basicly.. since hw is stable n win7 is... i rly dunno where the fk to try n fix that in win10, as soon any win10 is installed it starts, its sadly even corrupting the os within hours

so i cant do much about it its only in win10 sadly

gigabyte 970a d3sp    and 470gtx , id assume maybe gpu driver n shit but already tried all of that, tried swapping all drivers to older versions and newwer n wht not

currently trying a pre updated iso :v hope it gets through n stable, i know fx chips had issues in win10 q-q

board is running FC bios but i dont wanna flash to FD due to instability, one unstable momnt in flash and its toast,  i mean what if it is corrupt ram / memcontroller eventhough it goes through tests

(◑‿◐)

2 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

all over the place, nothing steady really, from 1a to system exception not handled

so i cant do much about it its only in win10 sadly

gigabyte 970a d3sp    and 470gtx , id assume maybe gpu driver n shit but already tried all of that, tried swapping all drivers to older versions and newwer n wht not

currently trying a pre updated iso :v

That's worth a shot. You can get the latest 1709 iso from Microsoft directly, and you can use DISM to apply the latest Servicing Stack Update (KB4090914) and cumulative update (KB4093105), to ensure the iso is completely clean and safe.

Since 1803 (build 17134.5.5) will be out on Monday for manual install, that's also an option - the iso's should be available at the same time or soon after.

2 minutes ago, Tabs said:

That's worth a shot. You can get the latest 1709 iso from Microsoft directly, and you can use DISM to apply the latest Servicing Stack Update (KB4090914) and cumulative update (KB4093105), to ensure the iso is completely clean and safe.

Since 1803 (build 17134.5.5) will be out on Monday for manual install, that's also an option - the iso's should be available at the same time or soon after.

i can get iso 1803 hands on already i got my contacts for that ( i got access to microsofts direct iso database )

i can also get newer versions in insider build but id rather just take current release for now, as its a system i need to get stable, what if 1803 has issues also :v

(◑‿◐)

9 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

i can get iso 1803 hands on already i got my contacts for that ( i got access to microsofts direct iso database )

i can also get newer versions in insider build but id rather just take current release for now, as its a system i need to get stable, what if 1803 has issues also :v

I personally prefer to wait for public iso's - it's easy enough to take encrypted ESD files and build an iso from those, but there's peace of mind in using the ones Microsoft releases for general usage. I imagine 1803 probably will have issues, but it's one more option if 1709 doesn't work for you.

• 11 months later...

The fact that the Java Edition & other editions have been written in different programming languages does not mean they could not be made compatible. If that were the case websites written in PHP wouldn't be able to communicate with web browsers written in a different language. That's like saying humans can't control computers because they work differently to us.