Games keep crashing/freezing

Jack02

Hey forums,

I got a used GTX 680 that works fine, benchmarks fine on Heaven, and has the newest drivers installed. I even stress tested my CPU, and that is working fine too. However, all of my games work for a bit and then freeze, but completely are still running, with the exception of Fortnite which just crashes. I was just playing Dota 2 for about 50 minutes and it was working fine until I went back to the menu and it froze. I've tried older drivers, clean install of windows, etc. What else can I tr

24 minutes ago, Savant82 said:

Hey forums,

I got a used GTX 680 that works fine, benchmarks fine on Heaven, and has the newest drivers installed. I even stress tested my CPU, and that is working fine too. However, all of my games work for a bit and then freeze, but completely are still running, with the exception of Fortnite which just crashes. I was just playing Dota 2 for about 50 minutes and it was working fine until I went back to the menu and it froze. I've tried older drivers, clean install of windows, etc. What else can I tr

If it's blue screen of death, try using bluscreen viewer application and see what cause the blue screen,

you can try another hard drive / ssd too

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync

1 minute ago, gbergeron said:

If it's blue screen of death, try using bluscreen viewer application and see what cause the blue screen,

you can try another hard drive / ssd too

No blue screen

11 minutes ago, Savant82 said:

No blue screen

is the cpu/gpu overclocked or all default

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync

13 hours ago, gbergeron said:

is the cpu/gpu overclocked or all default

All default.

5 hours ago, Savant82 said:

All default.

Try a new hard drive or SSD with clean installation

If you still experience same thing, flash the bios,

If same thing... im running out of ideas

maybe at that point try to run a memtest86 for 24 hours see if you have any error codes