Docker for Windows login

Go to solution Solved by DragonTamer1,

Found the answer. It requires a windows user with password protection. I didn't want the system to be waiting for a password on restart so I made a second account on the system and set a password for it. Used that in the docker login and it worked.

I'm trying to get Docker for Windows working so I can install Seafile as a cloud storage on my server. I'm stuck on the setup process and can't find any information on it. I need to share a drive before continuing, and in order to share a drive I need to give Docker access to the drive. It wants my login information, but I don't know if I need a Docker account (hoping to get away without one if possible) or if it wants my Windows login (which is a problem since this computer doesn't have one).

Edit: I've also been having trouble with getting a Docker account working as it keeps spitting out invalid username but won't say why.

Capture.PNG.8447952eef4a89459d7fe45ba4d40879.PNG

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Found the answer. It requires a windows user with password protection. I didn't want the system to be waiting for a password on restart so I made a second account on the system and set a password for it. Used that in the docker login and it worked.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

"I'm trying to get Docker for Windows working so I can install Seafile as a cloud storage on my server." -- Eeek.. Makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up when you say that..

Have you looked at FreeNAS with Nextcloud by off chance?

Cheers man. Glad it works regardless.

"Only proprietary software vendors want proprietary software." - Dexter's Law

1 hour ago, jde3 said:

"I'm trying to get Docker for Windows working so I can install Seafile as a cloud storage on my server." -- Eeek.. Makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up when you say that..

Have you looked at FreeNAS with Nextcloud by off chance?

Cheers man. Glad it works regardless.

Freenas isn't ideal for my situation because the server does a lot of different things from running several game servers to protein folding to Plex and while it can technically do all of those things just as well, I'm unable to port forward for the games while running Freenas.

Nextcloud was also a consideration that I just haven't gotten to yet. I'm still hitting brick walls with Seafile and if it continues to cause problems then I'll just switch to a different service. I was using Syncthing and had a lot of success with it, but because of the way that it syncs the files I'm looking for another alternative.

Well with the Unix route I might be able to help you but it seems like your loading a lot on one system, and it's not something I can say oh just do X.. all good.

Regardless Nextcloud is pretty slick. I literally can't live without my technical notes in QOwnNotes. http://www.qownnotes.org/

"Only proprietary software vendors want proprietary software." - Dexter's Law