My GTX 1080 turbo's first HDMI port doesn't work!

So for past two weeks or so, I've been experiencing screen blackouts and I could see the screen kind of refreshing when my GPU was under load, I really don't know whats going on. now the HDMI port doesn't work at all, im using the 2nd HDMI port, I need the 2nd port for my vive though, what do i do? thanks :)

Update/clean install latest drivers. Try a different monitor and cable. If the issue remains, then the port may have died, in which case you'd need to send it in for RMA to get it repaired or a new card. 

On 4/26/2018 at 6:55 AM, Oshino Shinobu said:

Update/clean install latest drivers. Try a different monitor and cable. If the issue remains, then the port may have died, in which case you'd need to send it in for RMA to get it repaired or a new card. 

why not just get a port and solder it myself xD;)

it works on the second port, i'm pretty sure the cable and teh hdmi to vga adapter is fine. yes i know i need to upgrade my monitor im still on vga

1 minute ago, HK1 said:

it works on the second port, i'm pretty sure the cable and teh hdmi to vga adapter is fine. yes i know i need to upgrade my monitor im still on vga

Do you have a native HDMI monitor/TV around that you can use to test it? Best to take the converter out of the mix when trying to find out if it works or not. 

1 minute ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Do you have a native HDMI monitor/TV around that you can use to test it? Best to take the converter out of the mix when trying to find out if it works or not. 

yes my tv has direct HDMI, ill try it out. thanks for the help :)

20 minutes ago, HK1 said:

why not just get a port and solder it myself xD;)

Because that would void your warranty - not something I would like to lose over an HDMI port considering the card's price.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

On 4/26/2018 at 7:18 AM, Eibe said:

Because that would void your warranty - not something I would like to lose over an HDMI port considering the card's price.

i know im just joking :)

btw i payed $100 over 1080ti price to get it with local warranty so i would have it easy if a problem happened. so im definetely NOT gonna solder an hdmi port on it lol

9 minutes ago, HK1 said:

btw i payed $100 over 1080ti price to get it with local warranty so i would have it easy if a problem happened. so im definetely NOT gonna solder an hdmi port on it lol

I said it just to be sure. You never know :P 

Better safe than sorry!

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

5 hours ago, HK1 said:

So for past two weeks or so, I've been experiencing screen blackouts and I could see the screen kind of refreshing when my GPU was under load, I really don't know whats going on. now the HDMI port doesn't work at all, im using the 2nd HDMI port, I need the 2nd port for my vive though, what do i do? thanks :)

Sounds like a hardware issue to me. If the second port works just fine, it is not a driver/software issue.

You should contact the manufacturer and get it fixed if still under warranty. Nobody here can help you fix a faulty port. If not under warranty anymore, I think you just need to live with it, or sell it to someone who doesnt mind having only 1 HDMI and buy a new one.

UPDATE: it works now :) don't know how it fixed itself :/ 

• 2 months later...

I have the same problems.

But 2nd port gives me artefacts.

It is pure random whether it works or doesn't work I'm just  holding off until next generation until I return up.