Programming Laptop Help

I've done a lot of thinking and have decided on getting a non gaming oriented laptop due to me already having gaming desktops at home. I've been looking for a laptop that's not very thick, has an absurdly long battery life, and has a nice keyboard to type on. From what I've gathered everyone is recommending a thinkpad. I've taken a liking to the t470 with features such as thunderbolt 3 port, Longest battery life of any modern laptop (correct me if im wrong), one of the best typing experiences, thin enough to not burden me, nice look (as to not gather attention. Unimportant but appreciated), Future up-gradable, built like a tank, and powerful enough to do all my studies and future programming. I'll be spending north of 1000 USD on the device brand new. I know that there are used one's for a lot less but I do feel comfortable buying a new device as to not dealing with any sort of wear from previous users or future problems. 

Here is my biggest issue.  Will I be able to use the same charging adapter for the t470 if go to europe? Any help is appreciated! 

If its bought in the US there is probaby a US plug with it.

Here is the different region power plug types:

Billedresultat for eu plug

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Get the newer model: T480. Much better CPU (and optional MX150 GPU too)

Back to topic, you probably need an adapter for that

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

10 minutes ago, ZM Fong said:

Get the newer model: T480. Much better CPU (and optional MX150 GPU too)

Back to topic, you probably need an adapter for that

https://www3.lenovo.com/us/en/p/20L5CTO1WWENUS0/customize?guid=a482bf6e-bea9-4b31-a972-2cfa5cb593ad&options_11=&options_19=5PS0A14085&options_45=5PS0K82830   how's this? 

2 minutes ago, spiralfuzion said:

Looks good. Just need to add SSD. Also, I suggest you to get single 8GB RAM for future upgrade even though you get extra performance from dual channel memory.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

1 minute ago, ZM Fong said:

Looks good. Just need to add SSD. Also, I suggest you to get single 8GB RAM for future upgrade even though you get extra performance from dual channel memory.

darn i thought i changed to single stick will do. IDK if ssd is worth it atm. I know the speed is worth it but I  can always open it and add it in the future can't I? 

3 minutes ago, spiralfuzion said:

but I  can always open it and add it in the future can't I? 

Yes, Thinkpad T series are designed for easy upgradability. However I strongly suggest you get a SSD ASAP, W10 will run much smoother

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

I have a G50-G80 Lenovo laptop,the battery lasts about 3-4 hours.Its not good for gaming,but the keyboard is great to type!

If you can get a T470 with an SSD for $1000 you certainly won't be disappointed. I have an L480 which is slightly thicker, but it's also a bit cheaper so if you are looking to get 16GB of RAM (like I wanted) for instance, than it won't break the bank.  

And you should really look into the adapters more closely than just the plug, we do have different voltages over here so I am assuming you will need a different adapter or a converter. Safest bet is to just chat with the people over at Lenovo themselves. Maybe they already have something for that and you can get it at a discount when ordering the laptop.

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

4 minutes ago, martward said:

L480

Worse build material and less features (keyboard not that water resistant, no swappable battery) compared to T series. Don't get me wrong, it's still a great laptop.

10 minutes ago, Ashh_x3 said:

G50-G80 Lenovo laptop

Eh, that model is pretty mediocre. Especially build quality and battery life.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

Just now, ZM Fong said:

Worse build material and less features (keyboard not that water resistant, no swappable battery) compared to T series. Don't get me wrong, it's still a great laptop.

Eh, that model is pretty mediocre. Especially build quality and battery life.

Dude if you have it you know the pain.. I cant play roblox on it wothout bugging ! So thats why i have a desktop gaming pc --..--

1 minute ago, Ashh_x3 said:

Dude if you have it you know the pain.. I cant play roblox on it wothout bugging !

The laptop isn't designed for that purpose, I'm pretty sure you know it

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

Just now, ZM Fong said:

The laptop isn't designed for that purpose, I'm pretty sure you know it

I know that,but when i go to school im not planning to listen to the History,Geography and chemistry profesors.. So i play roblox with hacks xDDD

2 minutes ago, martward said:

If you can get a T470 with an SSD for $1000 you certainly won't be disappointed. I have an L480 which is slightly thicker, but it's also a bit cheaper so if you are looking to get 16GB of RAM (like I wanted) for instance, than it won't break the bank.  

And you should really look into the adapters more closely than just the plug, we do have different voltages over here so I am assuming you will need a different adapter or a converter. Safest bet is to just chat with the people over at Lenovo themselves. Maybe they already have something for that and you can get it at a discount when ordering the laptop.

well i think opting for a t480 is better due to the newer cpu. But is 128GB really enough? should i just get a portable hard drive for 50 bucks?

Just now, spiralfuzion said:

well i think opting for a t480 is better due to the newer cpu. But is 128GB really enough? should i just get a portable hard drive for 50 bucks?

If you buy it where will you put it? You have to carry it everywhere..

Just now, Ashh_x3 said:

If you buy it where will you put it? You have to carry it everywhere..

I have a special backpack for all my tech. I'll be traveling so I can just keep it with me. instead of opting for a 200 dollar 256GB ssd. 

I have a special backpack for all my tech. I'll be traveling so I can just keep it with me. instead of opting for a 200 dollar 256GB ssd. 

Yes! That is smart,but why dont you just buy a 500gb hd for the laptop and put it in..Its easy.

Just now, Ashh_x3 said:

Yes! That is smart,but why dont you just buy a 500gb hd for the laptop and put it in..Its easy.

because ssd as a boot drive would be much faster and make things smoother. 

1 minute ago, spiralfuzion said:

because ssd as a boot drive would be much faster and make things smoother. 

And it is expensive..

But your money dude.. I dont want to tell you how to spend your money..

1 minute ago, Ashh_x3 said:

And it is expensive..

But your money dude.. I dont want to tell you how to spend your money..

well it's not that much more expensive than the 500GB HDD. but yeah I could just buy a ssd and throw it in there haha.

well it's not that much more expensive than the 500GB HDD. but yeah I could just buy a ssd and throw it in there haha.

Yup!

17 minutes ago, spiralfuzion said:

is 128GB really enough?

For OS, sure

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, ZM Fong said:

For OS, sure

well yeah that's a given i just mean for regular use. 

3 hours ago, ZM Fong said:

4 hours ago, Ashh_x3 said:

True, though the L480 has the MIL-SPEC stuff. It is worse in those cases, but since it is cheaper that means you can get better hardware inside (I really really wanted 16GB of RAM for relatively little money).

3 hours ago, spiralfuzion said:

But is 128GB really enough?

Depends, if you plan on dual booting Linux and Windows it's very tight. 256 would be better if possible, is the difference in price really that big?

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B