Question about Full Screen mode and Dual Monitor setup

Irikan

Hi! I've been playing Final Fantasy XIV downscaled to 1440p using DSR on my 1080p monitor, and I like to use my 2nd monitor while doing some things. The problem is, of course, when I use the 2nd monitor, the game minimizes. But yesterday I was able to use it without the game minimizing, and I couldn't recreate this when I restarted the game. I wanted to know if there's a way to make it so that it doesn't minimize without having to play in borderless window mode? Because the game greatly benefits a higher resolution to deal with its antialiasing problems. Thanks!

Sometimes it happens to me where some games just put them self into borderless windows mode.

I think it's a bug to be honest.

That's weird, because it definitely wasn't back to 1080p, and when I looked in the settings it still was full screen and everything... Really unfortunate if there really isn't a solution for being able to play downscaled without that

I did a quick search and someone recommended setting your desktop resolution to the same dsr resolution you're running your game at then run borderless windowed mode.  Other than that you just might have to pump up the AA if you can and run 1080p borderless.

There are software which claim to keep software active while you click outside active window. I haven't had much luck with that.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Thanks, in the end I used my brain a little bit and thought about putting the resolution of that monitor to that resolution, and then putting the game on borderless windows, it's not ideal but it works at least.