Hard locking Problem

MasonMac

My computer randomly hard locks on most games. Usually around 10 to 30 minutes. Sometimes it can last a couple hours on games such as Garry's Mod. It also occasionally hard locks while doing regular things such as watching youtube videos or web browsing. I also noticed that most crashes happen when something is being downloaded while multiple programs/tabs are open at the same time, I dont know if its a coincidence though. I have done physical and software memory checks and reinstalled windows. I can't check gpu because I don't have another gpu on hand to swap out with.

Cyberpower Gamer X-Treme

Specs:

i5 6402p, rx 480 4gb, unknown psu, wd 1tb hdd, gigabyte b150m gaming mobo

Did you do a temperature check. Could be the video card or CPU are overheating. 

GPU and cpu are within safe limits, I logged them. I also would like to add to the original post that benchmarks such as 3d mark or furmark dont lock (at least not yet) But 10 minutes later in a game, I get a hard lock.

10 minutes ago, MasonMac said:

GPU and cpu are within safe limits, I logged them. I also would like to add to the original post that benchmarks such as 3d mark or furmark dont lock (at least not yet) But 10 minutes later in a game, I get a hard lock.

Are all your drivers up to date?

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Did you do a clean install of Windows. Could be a corrupted driver somewere

19 hours ago, MasonMac said:

A clean install of windows doesnt fix anything @Crunchy Dragon @Zmax

How much RAM do you have? I've seen systems freeze purely because they don't have the RAM capacity to handle what the user is trying to do.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

• 2 weeks later...