All USB ports disabled after Windows 7 update

TOG_WAS_HERE

I just got done doing a clean install of Windows 7 for a friends PC I just rebuilt.  
I booted into the OS with the keyboard & mouse (both USB) working fine, however, it could not detect my Flash Drive.  So I decided I'd let Windows 7 update since I knew it would need to be updated and I updated the drivers while I was at it.

After the reboot, I cannot use anything UBS related.  Which means mouse & keyboard as well (Yes, I tried using the 2.0 and 3.0 ports to see if they would work).  I tried going into safe mode to roll back some of the drivers... safe mode is affected as well.  and the Windows Repair tool is affected by this as well...  My only thought would be that it has something to do with the motherboard since it affects all of these modes.

The PC's Specs:

• GTX 1050 SC (Graphics card runs off of PCI-E power no 6-8pin) 
  • Intel 3.70 GHz Core i3-6100 3M Cache Processor (BX80662I36100)

• GIGABYTE GA-H110M-A LGA1151 Intel H110 Micro ATX DDR4 Motherboard

• Patriot Signature Line 8GB (2 x 4GB) 288-Pin DDR4 PC4-19200 2400MHz Memory Module Kit PSD48G2400K

• 500W Power supply

Thanks!

Do your usb keyboard and/or mouse work in your bios? Have you tried clearing your CMOS settings?

7 hours ago, TOG_WAS_HERE said:

I just got done doing a clean install of Windows 7 for a friends PC I just rebuilt.  
I booted into the OS with the keyboard & mouse (both USB) working fine, however, it could not detect my Flash Drive.  So I decided I'd let Windows 7 update since I knew it would need to be updated and I updated the drivers while I was at it.

After the reboot, I cannot use anything UBS related.  Which means mouse & keyboard as well (Yes, I tried using the 2.0 and 3.0 ports to see if they would work).  I tried going into safe mode to roll back some of the drivers... safe mode is affected as well.  and the Windows Repair tool is affected by this as well...  My only thought would be that it has something to do with the motherboard since it affects all of these modes.

The PC's Specs:

• GTX 1050 SC (Graphics card runs off of PCI-E power no 6-8pin) 
  • Intel 3.70 GHz Core i3-6100 3M Cache Processor (BX80662I36100)

• GIGABYTE GA-H110M-A LGA1151 Intel H110 Micro ATX DDR4 Motherboard

• Patriot Signature Line 8GB (2 x 4GB) 288-Pin DDR4 PC4-19200 2400MHz Memory Module Kit PSD48G2400K

• 500W Power supply

Thanks!

If you're using a USB expansion card, shutdown, unplug, remove it, unhide hidden drivers in device manager, uninstall and delete the drivers for that card that are now greyed out, shut down, unplug, put the PCIe card back in, and reinstall the drivers.

9 hours ago, Tabs said:

Do your usb keyboard and/or mouse work in your bios? Have you tried clearing your CMOS settings?

Yes, the keyboard and mouse work in the BIOS

8 hours ago, stateofpsychosis said:

If you're using a USB expansion card, shutdown, unplug, remove it, unhide hidden drivers in device manager, uninstall and delete the drivers for that card that are now greyed out, shut down, unplug, put the PCIe card back in, and reinstall the drivers.

I am not using an expansion card

19 hours ago, TOG_WAS_HERE said:

Yes, the keyboard and mouse work in the BIOS

If it works in the bios, then it's a software side issue.

The drivers for that keyboard and mouse are probably borked.

Try booting into safe mode to see if the problem persists.

If you can get in that way, you can reinstall the drivers from there.

If not, I'm afraid a windows reinstall is in order

Though you might be able to use system restore from a Windows USB installer to fix it too.