FPS locked at 60FPS, GTX 1070SC

ryguy015
Go to solution Solved by ryguy015,

Issue is solved, someone else helped me figure it out see the solution here http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3691911/fps-locked.html

You shouldn't need inspector, not for the issue you're having. If you know anyone with a high refreshrate monitor I'd ask to borrow it, to see if the lock is the monitor. Because if it was me my next step would be a clean install of windows. That's a pain, so should be the absolute last resort. Getting the monitor and cable out of the mix would be helpfull. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

16 hours ago, App4that said:

You shouldn't need inspector, not for the issue you're having. If you know anyone with a high refreshrate monitor I'd ask to borrow it, to see if the lock is the monitor. Because if it was me my next step would be a clean install of windows. That's a pain, so should be the absolute last resort. Getting the monitor and cable out of the mix would be helpfull. 

Inspector is working, the problem is not the monitor. With inspector i manage to get 1 game so far to 240+fps and that was destiny 2. I noticed that nvidia geforce experience is messing with my fps somehow. Using inspector I removed a fps cap that was set on there and csgo now gets 120 steady, overwatch im still having issues to maintain 240 (starts up at 240 but drops and holds at 60). D2 at homescreen holds at around 240-300 (was never that high) Also I can tell that im runnning higher than 60hz on the monitor because when i move the cursor fast on the 60hz i dont see much ghost trails, but on the 240hz monitor i see more.

You shouldn't need Inspector though. I've personally never used it, run all my games over 60fps. 

I also never use the GFE though, utter garbage. Why I manually install all my drivers. 

That's weird, Inspector isn't needed to run over 60hz. Something else was causing the issue than a normal set up. Glad it's foxed for you though!