Need help with parts for my PC build

Hello. I recently started putting together a parts list on pcpartpicker.com for a moderate to high end gaming pc and i need a little help. 

This is the last i have so far:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/VirdsEyeBiew/saved/hrjTHx

My main use for this PC will be gaming and video recording (sometimes). I would like to stay under $2700 USD preferably. I play VR very heavily (HTC Vive and Oculus Rift sometimes) which is why i chose the Maximus X for the load of built in USB 3.0 ports and a few 2.0 because I'm going to need all of them lol. 8700k for multitasking (Recording, Gaming, Chrome, etc), 1080ti (need no explanation), and i was originally going to go for 32GB of RAM but seems a little overkill for me so i just picked 16GB of RAM. The single Samsung 850 SSD is because im going to use that as my main drive and pull my old HDDs out of my current build and just put them into this new one. The case is just RGB heaven. THIS IS JUST A PC BUILD. I already have all the accessories, peripherals and monitors i need so no need to add any of those. So any tips, opinions and feedback will seriously be appreciated as this is my first build by myself. 

Consists of:

CPU: Intel i7-8700k

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2 Liquid Cooler

MOBO: ROG Maximus X Hero (Wifi/AC)

GPU: Asus GTX 1080 Ti 11GB STRIX

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5" SSD

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W 80+ Gold

Case: CUK Continuum Full ATX with Infinity Mirror and RGB LED Lighting

Overall a very solid build :)

The only thing I can think of maybe needing changing, and it will totally depend on future plans, is the PSU, if you think you might add a second 1080Ti for SLI down the road. If not then the PSU is perfectly fine but if you think you might then possibly an 750 to 800 watt unit might be better suited.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

Overall a very solid build :)

The only thing I can think of maybe needing changing, and it will totally depend on future plans, is the PSU, if you think you might add a second 1080Ti for SLI down the road. If not then the PSU is perfectly fine but if you think you might then possibly an 750 to 800 watt unit might be better suited.

Would a 1070 be SLI compatible with a 1080Ti? I already have a 1070

Just now, VirdsEyeBiew said:

Unfortunately not :(

For Nvidia it's gotta be the same card for SLI. It can be a different manufacturer but the model (ie 1080Ti) has to be the same.

At one time AMD allowed anything within the same family to Crossfire (ie 7970 and 7990 or 480 and 470) but not sure if they still do that.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor  ($346.69 @ OutletPC) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua - NH-D15S 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler  ($79.80 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-F GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($179.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($176.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($154.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB SC Black Edition Video Card  ($945.89 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($89.89 @ OutletPC) 
Other: CUK Continuum Full ATX Tower Gaming Desktop Case with Infinity Mirror and RGB LED Lighting ($129.99)
Total: $2184.12
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-04-23 16:04 EDT-0400

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

5 minutes ago, VirdsEyeBiew said:

no it wouldn't run those card in SLI

But there is Explicit Adapter Mode which is not SLI but a mode pairing two video card together, even if they are different brand or architecture

anyways for my list i didn't read that you have the case already, also for the board i changed it because i want to make the cost down without loosing too many features that the Maximus X has but if you want to go back it is still reasonable too for another $100

for the cooler i changed it because it could handle the 8700K just fine

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

Eugh by the cases you speak of you could use more RAM eughm Chrome+Gaming

In the sense that you already have a capable machine assumtion i would keep it at the GTX 1070 its capable of VR games+ 

Since this line-up is already 2 years old and NVIDIA tends to announce & release cards after 2 years 

8700k is kind of a waste for gaming.  8600k is a brilliant processor for VR, and it should handle your occasional video editing flawlessly.  If you are a streamer, the 2600/2600x (same processor when OC'd) is probably your best bet.  

Either of these PSUs would likely be a better value for you

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/qn7v6h/seasonic-focus-gold-650w-80-gold-certified-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-ssr-650fm

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Tc3RsY/seasonic-power-supply-ss620gm2

Unless you have a 4K monitor, the 1080ti is overkill.  VR is very single core CPU intensive, and won't benefit from getting a 1080ti over a regular 1080.  

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

6 minutes ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

8700k is kind of a waste for gaming.  8600k is a brilliant processor for VR, and it should handle your occasional video editing flawlessly.  If you are a streamer, the 2600/2600x (same processor when OC'd) is probably your best bet.  

Either of these PSUs would likely be a better value for you

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/qn7v6h/seasonic-focus-gold-650w-80-gold-certified-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-ssr-650fm

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Tc3RsY/seasonic-power-supply-ss620gm2

Unless you have a 4K monitor, the 1080ti is overkill.  VR is very single core CPU intensive, and won't benefit from getting a 1080ti over a regular 1080.  

I do play normal desktop games too. I do have a 4K Curved 32 inch monitor which is my main. And isnt going over the total estimated wattage of your build bad for the PSU? 

I do play normal desktop games too. I do have a 4K Curved 32 inch monitor which is my main. And isnt going over the total estimated wattage of your build bad for the PSU? 

Yeah, whats your TDP?

2 minutes ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

Yeah, whats your TDP?

I actually don't know. For the entire build? The whole build is estimated at 454W

I actually don't know. For the entire build? The whole build is estimated at 454W

So a 620 would be plenty.  It's never an issue to have extra wattage available.  For normal games the 8600k is fine too.  Almost nothing will even be able to make use of more than 6 cores.  And the cores on the 8600k are greased lightning.  The 8700k is really only worth it if you are doing A LOT of rendering.  Even then, the 2600 is probably a better value as AMD boards are cheaper and provided a longer-term upgrade path as well as faster RAM support.

42 minutes ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

So a 620 would be plenty.  It's never an issue to have extra wattage available.  For normal games the 8600k is fine too.  Almost nothing will even be able to make use of more than 6 cores.  And the cores on the 8600k are greased lightning.  The 8700k is really only worth it if you are doing A LOT of rendering.  Even then, the 2600 is probably a better value as AMD boards are cheaper and provided a longer-term upgrade path as well as faster RAM support.

But in todays games, the 8600k is running at almost 100% compared to the 8700k which would be around 50%. I'm looking at future-proofing my build also

1 minute ago, VirdsEyeBiew said:

But in todays games, the 8600k is running at almost 100% compared to the 8700k which would be around 50%. I'm looking at future-proofing my build also

What games?  I used to have an 8400, and even that never hit more than 70 on any core in any AAA games I was playing.

Can look up comparison videos between 8700k and 8600k and see the difference. Plus i multitask while im gaming

6 hours ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

the S/M12s are old as dirt and missing several protections, it's not a good unit anymore.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W