Audio Input devices not showing?

Hman1250

Recently I formatted my PC due to the entire drive being a mess and other reasons and formatted windows through Windows 10s Recovery mode and doing a hard reset. After doing that and reinstalling MOST of my drivers, my headset and my earphones are not being detected on my computer on any port however work on any other device. After doing another format, I realized I was missing the motherboard drivers thinking this would solve my issue. Nope, still nothing, nor my headphones or earphones are being detected on my computer and the only audio input/output device is my monitor. There is nothing hidden what so ever. Any help?

Is your audio device (headst/earphones) actually showing up on device manager? If it its, it may simply be that the wrong default device is set causing all audio to be sent to the wrong sink.

Just now, Tabs said:

Is your audio device (headst/earphones) actually showing up on device manager? If it its, it may simply be that the wrong default device is set causing all audio to be sent to the wrong sink.

Nope, nothing is showing up

Just now, Hman1250 said:

Nope, nothing is showing up

Have you tried different ports? Does an "unknown device" show up on device manager?

1 minute ago, Tabs said:

Have you tried different ports? Does an "unknown device" show up on device manager?

Nothing shows up no matter what port I plug it into. No unknown devices, no driver updates or installs or notifications

8 hours ago, Hman1250 said:

Recently I formatted my PC due to the entire drive being a mess and other reasons and formatted windows through Windows 10s Recovery mode and doing a hard reset. After doing that and reinstalling MOST of my drivers, my headset and my earphones are not being detected on my computer on any port however work on any other device. After doing another format, I realized I was missing the motherboard drivers thinking this would solve my issue. Nope, still nothing, nor my headphones or earphones are being detected on my computer and the only audio input/output device is my monitor. There is nothing hidden what so ever. Any help?

Go through your motherboard drivers again.

Usually the audio driver is the realtek driver or whatever it's called.

8 hours ago, Hman1250 said:

Oh another idea:

-Hit the windows key

-Type troubleshooting

-Open that up

-Click on hardware and sound

-Try all of the options in there

(Things might be labeled a bit differently. The computer I'm on right now is windows 7, but it should still be relatively close to the same.)

9 hours ago, Biggerboot said:

Did you install the drivers from disc or the manuf. website?

From the manufacturers website

14 hours ago, Hman1250 said:

From the manufacturers website

Hmm, make sure you have tried the audio ports directly on the back of your motherboard, not the ones on the front of your case (I'm assuming this is a desktop). 

What I would do next is look up the name of your sound adapter for the motherboard.  You can either go to device manager to see it or can tell by looking at the name of the driver you dl'ed - usually it'll say what series it is for.  There may be generic drivers for that adapter you can download if you google around (or post the name of your sound adapter and I'll try to find it).

Worst case scenario, you can purchase a usb sound adapter.  It doesn't hurt to have.