Odd frame drops

Tadziunia

Hi guys, ive been using backup pc with gt 640 and x3450 for three weeks, bought Corsair RM850x for my main system, which has 16gb kingston ddr3 1886mhz ram, i7 2600k and GTX 770 2gb with 480gb SSD. Everything seemed okey with new PSU and now am writing. But Am experiencing odd frame drops in far cry 5 (bought it) and in Fortnite . Tested fc5 in benchmark and found that low with TAA on FHD provides 54fps average, which is good for me. However ones i go minimized or go check map, my frames drop to 25-35fps, though gpu usage still at 99% and i must restart game because no matter how long i wait it stays at that range. But with fortnite, yesterday everything ran smoothly, however today, it drops frames . Ussually i play at 4k with Low settings with 80% resoliution scale, i get like 75-100fps and thats enough. But today randomly starring at same spot FPS goes to 40 and then it goes back, and it happens freaquently. Though gpu usage stays at that point mostly 99%. Could it be due to new PSU ? :/// i have paranoia probably... 

Do you have another PSU on hand that you could try? Like maybe the one from your backup PC. Then you could figure out if it's the power supply or something else. It sounds to me like a graphics/cpu issue.

REMEMBER:

IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND, YOU GOTTA QUOTE ME 

OR

PUT @Fixinit1 IN YOUR RESPONSE!!!!!

Gosh, I hate it when people forget. Anyway, check out my PC below, and there's a PCPartPicker link on my profile, If you wanna see what I'm planning.

Spoiler

SYSTEM SPECS: Finally ditched the Pentium N3540, now I've got the following:

CPU - Ryzen 5 2400G

GPU - 1060 6GB Gigabyte G1 Gaming

RAM - 16GB DDR4 3000mhz Team T-Force Delta RGB

MOTHERBOARD - MSI B350 Tomahawk

PSU - EVGA 450BT

CASE - PHANTEKS  P350X

2 minutes ago, Fixinit1 said:

Do you have another PSU on hand that you could try? Like maybe the one from your backup PC. Then you could figure out if it's the power supply or something else. It sounds to me like a graphics/cpu issue.

No i don't have it anymore because that backup pc, was my friends main pc, i just took it to fix , his motherboard died due to burnt mosfets, so ive got him new board for cheap and used that pc for testing for three weeks, while i sold my old corsair vs650 from my main pc, And yesterday ive got new psu with 10years warranty. I really hope it;s just games itself. Not psu... 

Did you play these games with the other PSU at all? Could be a GPU problem, it's on the older side. Try games you know for sure were fine with the other PSU, then report back on performance. Just out of curiosity, why did you upgrade the PSU? You had more than enough juice in the other one.

REMEMBER:

IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND, YOU GOTTA QUOTE ME 

OR

PUT @Fixinit1 IN YOUR RESPONSE!!!!!

Gosh, I hate it when people forget. Anyway, check out my PC below, and there's a PCPartPicker link on my profile, If you wanna see what I'm planning.

Spoiler

SYSTEM SPECS: Finally ditched the Pentium N3540, now I've got the following:

CPU - Ryzen 5 2400G

GPU - 1060 6GB Gigabyte G1 Gaming

RAM - 16GB DDR4 3000mhz Team T-Force Delta RGB

MOTHERBOARD - MSI B350 Tomahawk

PSU - EVGA 450BT

CASE - PHANTEKS  P350X

7 minutes ago, Fixinit1 said:

Did you play these games with the other PSU at all? Could be a GPU problem, it's on the older side. Try games you know for sure were fine with the other PSU, then report back on performance. Just out of curiosity, why did you upgrade the PSU? You had more than enough juice in the other one.

I played on that old psu a lot, and last time i used my main rig with old psu was 3 weeks ago just before i switched to that xeon pc. And am sure it was running fine. played like 100hours in fortnite everything ran okey at same settings i mentioned before. maybe couple small drops here and there, but overall it wasn't noticible. And Yesterday when i put my new psu, everything ran okey on fortnite, played like half and hour, no drops. But today i have no idea but it just randomly goes down from 90fps to 40fps i same spot. I upgraded my PSU because i wanted to get more cool, silent and with enough of juice for upcoming gpu upgrade. Am going to take GTX 1080 TI next month. So i want to be sure i have enough watts. Also with new psu i was able to overclock my current gpu even more than i could before at furmark it didn't crashed. (Problem persists with and without OC on fortnite)

17 hours ago, Fixinit1 said:

Quick update. Today i went and and gave my psu to my friend to test it with his i7 6700k and gtx 1080 TI. And you know everything worked fine. he got even better fps in fortnite for some reason, but no drops, also tested far cry 5 runs perfectly 100-140fps , and Assasins creed origin also everything fine there. Probably it's OS and gpu problem itself on my pc