How Powerful of a Pump to Get?

So this will most likely be the layout of my watercooling loop but I don't know how powerful of a pump to get for this. This is in a Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra and the pump is outputting to the 360mm radiator at the top of the case then so on from there. Thanks! Also, if there is a better way to lay this loop out then please tell me. Thanks.

otho.jpg

i7 3930k @ 4.4Ghz | AMD 7970 @ 1150/1823 | Asus P9X79 Pro | 16GB G.Skill 2133mhz | 2x WD Caviar Black 1TB in RAID 0 & 250GB Samsung Evo SSD | Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra with Side Window | XSPC RX360 Watercooling Kit w/ UV Blue Tubing | Corsair Vengeance K70 Keyboard w/ Corsair M65 Mouse

have your pump after your res, and your res higher then pump, or it will die. go with an D5 pump

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

a D5 variant would be plenty or a DDC,   look up DazMode's how to videos on youtube also, because asking us what we do isn't necessarily what you want too do.

have your pump after your res, and your res higher then pump, or it will die. go with an D5 pump

where would i put the pump and reservoir though? in the bottom of the case? Cause I could put the reservoir after the gpu, then pump, then screw the 360mm radiator onto the hard drive cage?

a D5 variant would be plenty or a DDC, look up DazMode's how to videos on youtube also, because asking us what we do isn't necessarily what you want too do.

Okay. I was thinking of this EK D5 that i saw on FrozenCPU that has 1500l/h and 3.7 head pressure. also, do you think i should change the layout so the reservoir is higher than the pump?

i7 3930k @ 4.4Ghz | AMD 7970 @ 1150/1823 | Asus P9X79 Pro | 16GB G.Skill 2133mhz | 2x WD Caviar Black 1TB in RAID 0 & 250GB Samsung Evo SSD | Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra with Side Window | XSPC RX360 Watercooling Kit w/ UV Blue Tubing | Corsair Vengeance K70 Keyboard w/ Corsair M65 Mouse

Okay. I was thinking of this EK D5 that i saw on FrozenCPU that has 1500l/h and 3.7 head pressure. also, do you think i should change the layout so the reservoir is higher than the pump?

All D5 pumps are manufactuered by Laing and re-badges by companies like EK, swiftech, etc. There are all the same pump so go for the cheapest option.

Also it's not a case of "Do you think I should put the resevoir above the pump." You have no choice but to do it otherwise you will have no way to fill your loop.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

216514_zps88ab403c.png
Minimum

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Well it wont die but filling the loop will be a lot harder, prolly will need to have his PC on the side,  but if you do EVERYTHING well, you could have the pump higher

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Well it wont die but filling the loop will be a lot harder, prolly will need to have his PC on the side,  but if you do EVERYTHING well, you could have the pump higher

its way more likely to die

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Alright I think i came up with a way to have the pump below the reservoir. Thanks!

Put the pump after the reservoir because all the pressure would be lost spraying water into the reservoir and would cause airlocks as it form bubbles.

Dude, res above pump. The res is what feed the water to the pump. 

THE PIT VIPER SPECS

4790k @ 4.7ghz  (EVGA CLC 360MM) | 32GB Patriot Viper Extreme @2133 mhz | Asus Z97-DELUXE Cooler Master H500M.| EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3

CPU: Intel i7-3770k at 4.8Ghz  CPU Cooling: 320mm UT60  Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD55  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB 2133Mhz (2x8GB)  SSD: Intel 330 Series 120GB  HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Green  GPU: EVGA GTX 780 x2  Sound Card: Creative Recon3D  PSU: Raidmax RX-1000AE 1000W  Case: Arc Midi R2  Monitor: Benq XL2420T at 129Hz  OS: W8 64Bit  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate  Mouse: Logitech MX518  Mousepad: Steelseries QCK+  Headset: Turtlebeach X12 (Temp.)