Connecting outlook with GMX Freemail

Hey guys,

does someone know why I just cant seem to connect my GMX email account with my Outlook client? I did everything like it says on the GMX site and yet it keeps asking me for a password after i press connect.IMAP-Kontoeinstellungen vornehmen

These are the setting they have set, and i enabled external Programms on the GMX site. When i press Connect (Verbinden) the other window pops up and just keeps reopening after I hit enter.

sadasdff.PNG

getr5h64tejhe3h.PNG

I had a similar problem before with bell south. It turned out that there were two different inbound and outbound sites to put it in. There should be a little box saying something about inbound and outbound traffic. For me, it had to be checked for it to work. Otherwise, it would either fail in configuring, or it would configure then either receive or not send. 

TLDR: Make sure that you don't need two different inbound and outbound addresses. 

5 minutes ago, Helibert said:

These are my settings

gmxoutlook.png.71080067a9da35cec038d6bd4c7bfbc4.png

I know in gmail you have to enable pop3/imap forwarding, so you can use an offline client like Outlook. Perhaps GMX is the same way?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

11 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

I know in gmail you have to enable pop3/imap forwarding, so you can use an offline client like Outlook. Perhaps GMX is the same way?

yep, there is a setting to turn it on/off, but I don't know the default value

1 hour ago, Totalschaden1997 said:

yep, there is a setting to turn it on/off, but I don't know the default value

Typically "off"

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

17 hours ago, cflanders said:

I had a similar problem before with bell south. It turned out that there were two different inbound and outbound sites to put it in. There should be a little box saying something about inbound and outbound traffic. For me, it had to be checked for it to work. Otherwise, it would either fail in configuring, or it would configure then either receive or not send. 

TLDR: Make sure that you don't need two different inbound and outbound addresses. 

you mean on the site of bell south? Like a check mark or something? cause i activated that

16 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

i have it enabled on the gmx site, it still does not work

17 hours ago, Helibert said:

These are my settings

gmxoutlook.png.71080067a9da35cec038d6bd4c7bfbc4.png

doesnt work with those settings