windows 10 license

thankarezos

I am looking to buy degital license from windows store. I live in greece and in greek windows store it cost 150 euros, if i switch to US store the price is 119$(around 100 euros) if i buy the license from US store can i use it in greece?

Yes, they aren't region locked. I don't know if store will accept non-US billing address. And prices aren't showing tax as that would be applied according to your billing address.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

You need an address in the US to be able to buy from the US store anyway, and it's 119$ without VAT tax, which I see is 24% in greece. So, it's 150 euros.

You can get one from Kinguin for less than 30 euros though.

On 19/4/2018 at 11:52 PM, The Viking said:

You need an address in the US to be able to buy from the US store anyway.

What if i buy with paypal?

3 minutes ago, thankarezos said:

What if i buy with paypal?

you still need an address in the US to buy from Microsoft store, paypal or not.

And you'll end up paying VAT regardless, they are forced, by law, to charge it, as you live in Greece.

Cheapest you can have it is a key reseller such as Kinguin. Otherwise you need the OEM version you find in stores, or just buy it from the microsoft store in greece.

1 hour ago, The Viking said:

Cheapest you can have it is a key reseller such as Kinguin. Otherwise you need the OEM version you find in stores, or just buy it from the microsoft store in greece.

kinguin only sells OEM, i cant find a good place to buy retail cheapers. also how kinguin finds these keys cheaper? couldnt they be cracked that will deactivate after a bit?

Just now, thankarezos said:

kinguin only sells OEM, i cant find a good place to buy retail cheapers. also how kinguin finds these keys cheaper? couldnt they be cracked that will deactivate after a bit?

OEM is the same, you just don't get support from microsoft if you run into bugs and stuff.

Kinguin is a grey market key-reseller, so it's not really 100% legal. If you run into an issue with one of their keys, you have to call microsoft and they'll just fix it for you (by giving you a proper key) microsoft prefers having you as a customer than forcing to buy a new key.

As I explained, yes, a legit Windows key costs 119$ in the US... without their local taxes. Convert to euros, add VAT and you're up to 150 euros.

Or just get a windows 10 home key, should be ~100 euros

1 hour ago, The Viking said:

Kinguin is a grey market key-reseller, so it's not really 100% legal. If you run into an issue with one of their keys, you have to call microsoft and they'll just fix it for you (by giving you a proper key) microsoft prefers having you as a customer than forcing to buy a new key.

wait why would microsoft give me a key in replacement on keys i bought on kinguin that are not retail? also why microsoft give me a new key for oem when thats manufacturer dudy (in that case i am the manufacturer)

5 hours ago, thankarezos said:

wait why would microsoft give me a key in replacement on keys i bought on kinguin that are not retail? also why microsoft give me a new key for oem when thats manufacturer dudy (in that case i am the manufacturer)

because, as I said, Microsoft prefers having you as a longterm customer. Microsoft gave official Win10 keys to all the people who had pirated Windows 7 for example.

You can buy OEM keys, they are cheaper. Win10 Pro is 150e in OEM, while the retail version is 200+. The only thing you don't get is Microsoft support if you run into trouble, as I said.

In any case, if you want the legit key, it's over here: https://www.microsoft.com/el-gr/windows/

5 hours ago, thankarezos said:

wait why would microsoft give me a key in replacement on keys i bought on kinguin that are not retail

Data. Windows 10 collects a lot of data and transmits it back to MS. Simple, it just like Facebook and any other service that harvests your data and sells it to god knows who. They figure even if you buy a grey market key, they will still make more money off you. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

54 minutes ago, The Viking said:

because, as I said, Microsoft prefers having you as a longterm customer. Microsoft gave official Win10 keys to all the people who had pirated Windows 7 for example.

This isn't quite true. MS did upgrade them, but they remained pirated. They don't fix key if it's from package where package owner is responsible for that kind of care. Which is the case for most cheap keys.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv