Mouse is broken (kinda?)

I have a most perplexing issue. As of 4/15/18, I logged into my Windows 10 desktop, only to discover while my mouse cursor could move about the screen, I could not left-click, right-click, or center click anything on the screen with my Corsair Raptor M45 mouse that I've had for nearly 4 years. I should note this is the first time I've ever had this issue. 

Steps I took whilst troubleshooting this issue, in order.

1) Thought that this was weird so I reset my PC. This did nothing.

2) Totally shutdown my PC. This did not accomplish a fix either.

3) Changed USB ports of mouse. This did nothing to fix the issue either.

4) Tried another mouse on my PC, a wireless Microsoft brand mouse I keep with my laptop. This mouse did work. Figured that this was a hardware issue with my mouse. 

5) Tried the M45 on my laptop, where, it also did not work and had the same issue as my desktop. 

6) I then googled the issue and did not find anything similar, but most people's issues with the M45 seems to be solved when they update the driver using the .exe from Corsair's website. 

7) Installed the new drivers and VOILA! My M45 works perfectly again.

8) Fast forward to today, and the mouse isn't working again. Any time I re-boot my PC, I have to use Winkey+E to get the file explorer up, I then have to uninstall the Corsair driver software and reinstall it, and voila again, the mouse is working 100% again. 

9) Figure this might be a windows corruption of some sort, so I backed up everything and total wipe of my C drive location and re-installed windows, needless to say even booted off a USB drive in the windows installer, the M45 STILL would not clock anything. 

10) Once I got back into my fresh Windows 10 I repeated step 8 to get the mouse to work again. 

11) I figured that this is maybe a BIOS problem and so I downloaded the newest bios revision from AsRock (my mobo is a AsRock Z97 Killer). Put the BIOS .60 file onto my flash drive aaaand my mouse won't even click in the BIOS. 

12) I went got the same known working wireless M$ mouse again and it could click anything just fine in my BIOS. Needless to say I flashed the BIOS and that has still yet to fix the issue. 

At this point I'm fresh out of possibilities as to what it could be besides maybe the mouse is just dying? Which is strange because it DOES work after you reinstall the drivers, heck I'm using as I type this. I love the mouse and would hate to get another even thought this one still works (kinda). 

My specs if thats relevant:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K Haswell 22nm

RAM: 24GB Dual Channel DDR3 @1666MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Killer
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080

Storage: 223GB PNY CS2211 SSD. 2TB Toshiba HDD

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I should also add that in BIOS and the USB Windows Installer, this mouse has worked fine before. 

Hit up corsair and see if they have anything to say, cause imo it sounds like its just goofed good

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

Hit up corsair and see if they have anything to say, cause imo it sounds like its just goofed good

That's what I thought my next step might be. Sad thing is though its 2 years out of warranty and its discontinued. I doubt they'd give my support ticket much thought but its worth a try.

Modern mice will work just fine without installing the drivers on most computers although the drivers usually provide extra features(RGB,DPI,profiles) but if the mouse is having the same issue across multiple computers without installing the drivers(I believe you didn't install the drivers on the secondary computer but had them downloaded on your main PC) and the same issue is still occurring,then the issue lies with the mouse itself.Maybe the chip inside the mouse is corrupted?

4 minutes ago, Astarore said:

Modern mice will work just fine without installing the drivers on most computers although the drivers usually provide extra features(RGB,DPI,profiles) but if the mouse is having the same issue across multiple computers without installing the drivers(I believe you didn't install the drivers on the secondary computer but had them downloaded on your main PC) and the same issue is still occurring,then the issue lies with the mouse itself.Maybe the chip inside the mouse is corrupted?

Thats what a friend of mine was thinking as well. Now If only I could re-flash my mouses firmware...