When to Buy My GPU

Guy_E

Currently on Newegg there is a 1070ti listed for $500, the lowest I have seen in quite a while. I plan to build my PC in June, however I am worried prices might spike up again like they did in January. Will prices continue to lower until June (maybe I could even buy a better card), or buy now? I don’t want to spend more than $600 on a GPU.

Tough to tell. From what I've heard they're trending down. Cant hurt to wait and especially so because the new gen of cards are coming out.

Intel i7 6700k|Asus Maximus VIII Hero|Asus Strix 1080|Gskill DDR4 3200|950 Pro M.2|Corsair RM750|Corsair OBSIDIAN 500D|Corsair K65\G65|SteelSeries Arctis 5|Asus PB277Q|PG279Q

The market is nearly impossible to predict. It is more likely that they will continue to trend down to MSRP, on occasion they're pretty close, like the one you found but who knows really. There could be a wave of new investors destroying all our hopes and dreams. If you're gonna wait to June, we might be getting close to some new GPU's at that point (no guarantees) so hold out perhaps. Although $500 is a good price for the 1070ti, so buying now would not be a bad decision either as prices will only go down another $50 max to MSRP.

5 minutes ago, Vigilante505 said:

Tough to tell. From what I've heard they're trending down. Cant hurt to wait and especially so because the new gen of cards are coming out.

If not for mining dying again, the new GPU generation will definitely lower the prices of Pascal cards.