Redish/Pinkish Tint on entire monitor

Go to solution Solved by Astarore,

I would suggest checking your display settings first though.

Settings>System>Display. Check for the night light feature and see if that's turned on.

My screen suddenly turned a redish/pinkish tint. I've checked the cables, cleaned the case out, ran malwarebytes, and other antivirus and ran some registry cleaners. i have also switched to onboard graphics and the tint is still on screen, however it's only on 1 user, i created another user on same pc and haven't encountered this problem yet. I also can't acces the files from the infected user, i have administrative perms on the new user, but it just doesn't let me access them. Any solution's aside from resetting whole PC, i want to do that as last resort, i have wayyy to many files to back up.

P.S My phone is too crappy to take screenshots of the issue

Win 10 Home 64bit

Nvidia Geforce GT 520

AMD athlon IIX2 250 Processor (3.0Ghz)

300W PSU

6Gb Ram

If you are using an analog display method (VGA/DVI) make sure it is fully plugged in. If not it might be about time for an upgrade, keeping the HDD and adding an SSD.

i5-8600k, MSI Z370-A Pro, 2x 8GB DDR4-3k, MSI Gaming X 1060, NZXT S340, 2TB HDD, 750w Corsair PSU, AOC 2775 OC'd to 80Hz and CFG73 at 144hz

Comic sans is the worst font

Check out my monitor overclocking guide

9 minutes ago, lavablade02 said:

If you are using an analog display method (VGA/DVI) make sure it is fully plugged in. If not it might be about time for an upgrade, keeping the HDD and adding an SSD.

@lavablade02 is most likely correct in saying that it's an improperly connected cable. If you've verified that the cable is firmly connected and secured at both ends (or if you're getting the same result over HDMI) I would suggest that you try using a different cable before you replace your monitor. If the issue continues after that, I might try connecting the monitor to a different computer altogether to be sure that the issue is with the monitor and not your display output or GPU altogether.

....just caught the part about it being only with 1 user. If that's the case then you might google "windows 10 screen tinting" and see if the setting is enabled. If so, then it is most likely the cause as this would be a user specific change.

that also could be a night light feature that changes the color to a warmer tone.

It may be a software issue with windows alone. If it only happens in one user profile and not the rest,that isolates it to a software issue/setting.

I believe if you try to reinstall windows onto a drive that already has windows installed,it will give you the option to just overwrite the current Windows and keep your information. 

Settings>System>Display. Check for the night light feature and see if that's turned on.

28 minutes ago, Astarore said:

Will do, ill try Checking the display settings first, if not ill just reinstall windows like you said

38 minutes ago, Astarore said:

Yup this seemed to be the issue, funny enough just found out my wife was messing with the settings without telling me