Need a program for changing song names/ metadata

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Ok i used the program that @BlueChinchillaEatingDorito recommended and it works fine. 

So the situation is like that: right now, i have the mp3 data just as a file name. author song_name.mp3. I would like to rename all my mp3's so the song name is the file name, and the author etc are as a metadata. I would like something that is free and with a very simple interface. I know i could use audacity, but is there anything simpler? The kind of interface i would like, that automatically from the file name derives the author and the title.

2 minutes ago, Some Random Member said:

So the situation is like that: right now, i have the mp3 data just as a file name. author song_name.mp3. I would like to rename all my mp3's so the song name is the file name, and the author etc are as a metadata. I would like something that is free and with a very simple interface. I know i could use audacity, but is there anything simpler? The kind of interface i would like, that automatically from the file name derives the author and the title:

I would not preferebly not download all of the songs fully legally with the following website again, it is just a demonstration of the interface. I already have all my songs from ages ago. 

https://www.mp3tag.de/en/

I've been using this for the past 2 years. Even allows for editing album art, lyrics, etc.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

1 minute ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

https://www.mp3tag.de/en/

I've been using this for the past 2 years. Even allows for editing album art, lyrics, etc.

Can it automatically detect the title and the author from my files?

If I understand what you're asking for then that sounds like a program that could be custom written in less than a day. (Assuming who's writing it knows what they're doing.)

1 minute ago, Windows7ge said:

If I understand what you're asking for then that sounds like a program that could be custom written in less than a day. (Assuming who's writing it knows what they're doing.)

Yes i know that it could be written easily, as all my songs are named in the same format, it is just the matter of extracting the first part and using it as the author, and the second part as a song name.

The only slight problem is... that i can't program.