~200$ Closed Style Headphone Suggestions

jam08060

Hey guys,

I'm looking for some suggestions for some nice closed style headphones (I work in an office environment),

I will be using them to listen to pretty much every genre of music imaginable... so they probably need to be pretty versatile.

Also, they must be usable with mobile devices so reasonably lower impedance is required.

I will mainly be using them with a Fiio e10 DAC but will probably end up using them directly from my phone or various mp3 players.

Finaly, they must be super comfortable over ear headphones... the more cushioning the better!

Thanks!

CHC Silverado! Just got a pair and they're a solid 11/10.

~$100 is actually the norm - $200 is just the MSRP

Look at Sennheiser, they are very good

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

Well if that is the case I may have to go with the CHC now and then the M50's in a week or two 0.o

Look at Sennheiser, they are very good

I have been looking into them but the headphones that I seem to find the best reviews of with them are all open style headphones.

Do you know if either of these sets of headphones require a burn-in?

Do you know if either of these sets of headphones require a burn-in?

Not required, but sound does improve after a bit. I'd strongly recommend against the M50's (even if you're not convinced to get the Silverado's) unless you've listened to them before. The hype train is over exaggerated.

Not required, but sound does improve after a bit. I'd strongly recommend against the M50's (even if you're not convinced to get the Silverado's) unless you've listened to them before. The hype train is over exaggerated.

Yeah actually I just noticed the Sennheiser HD 558's are on sale also for like 129$...

I'm now leaning toward the CHC's and the 558's... 230$ for both seems pretty legit : /

I'm also not really a fan of the way the M50's look :x

Yeah actually I just noticed the Sennheiser HD 558's are on sale also for like 129$...

I'm now leaning toward the CHC's and the 558's... 230$ for both seems pretty legit : /

I'm also not really a fan of the way the M50's look :x

Oh you're getting two? I'd suggest the ATH-AD700X as another alternative to the 558, but I haven't heard the 558 to compare.

Oh you're getting two? I'd suggest the ATH-AD700X as another alternative to the 558, but I haven't heard the 558 to compare.

Well I can, since the CHC's are around 100$ and my budget is around 200$...

I do think it would be nice to have both an open and closed pair also ^_^

280 Pros? Picked a pair up a few weeks ago and been reasonably happy with them. 

The hype train is over exaggerated.

This. So many of the reviews even now are from people who think they have discovered a brand new gem, they have likely never heard anything else and then you get the inevitable "coming from my stock apple earbuds..." - that's when I lose interest.

Headset

This. So many of the reviews even now are from people who think they have discovered a brand new gem, they have likely never heard anything else and then you get the inevitable "coming from my stock apple earbuds..." - that's when I lose interest.

Well luckily many people on here give really helpful suggestions... I just ordered a pair of CHC Silverado's, a pair of Sennheiser HD 558's, and a Fiio e10...

I feel like those three items will work out very well...

Let me know how you like the Silverados - I don't want to be suggesting them to everyone if I'm the only person on the planet that loves 'em.

Let me know how you like the Silverados - I don't want to be suggesting them to everyone if I'm the only person on the planet that loves 'em.

Will do... I had checked out some other reviews on youtube about them and since Rock is the main genre I usually listen to (although I listen to literally everything) I'm pretty optimistic...

Also, the build quality looks amazing...

Best build quality I've ever seen. Cable is cheap and the worst part about it, so I'm looking into making my own replacement.

Best build quality I've ever seen. Cable is cheap and the worst part about it, so I'm looking into making my own replacement.

However, the cable is removable as far as i know... so yeah that doesn't seem like a big issue to me for only 100$ : /

Let me know if the cable mod turns out nice too 0.o