Amd new data to DMI

So I working on this build using old and new parts and trying to install windows with a flashdrive yet when I choose th option to booy off it I get a amd data change updata new data to DMI, I dont know what to do. I tried resetting the Cmos and putting it back in, still nothing has changed. Any help would be great :)

20180413_094244.jpg

1 hour ago, serg1296 said:

So I working on this build using old and new parts and trying to install windows with a flashdrive yet when I choose th option to booy off it I get a amd data change updata new data to DMI, I dont know what to do. I tried resetting the Cmos and putting it back in, still nothing has changed. Any help would be great :)

20180413_094244.jpg

Did you make sure to change your SATA or M.2 to AHCI in your BIOS?  Have you tried changing to BIOS to Legacy boot versus UEFI?

5 hours ago, Spyder1384 said:

Did you make sure to change your SATA or M.2 to AHCI in your BIOS?  Have you tried changing to BIOS to Legacy boot versus UEFI?

Yes I tried that still no go. Anything else you think it could be?

3 minutes ago, serg1296 said:

Yes I tried that still no go. Anything else you think it could be?

Please list your full system specs if you would so I can do some more accurate research.

On 4/13/2018 at 5:19 PM, Spyder1384 said:

Please list your full system specs if you would so I can do some more accurate research.

Its a phenom ii x4 945 paired with a GA-MA785GPMT-UD2H by GIGABYTE, HYPER X 1333 DDR3 RAM .

Ok... This seems to be an issue with GigaByte boards around that time. I would suggest you start by disconnecting everything not required for the system to complete post. So, basically everything except for the CPU, 1 stick of RAM, PSU and onboard graphics. Once you've done that then see if it will get past post to "Insert System Disk" message. If you can make it to that screen then we're getting somewhere. You might also try changing the "Plug N Play Aware OS" setting in the BIOS to "YES" if it keeps getting stuck on "Updating DMI Pool Data!"

Next you'll want to reset the BIOS COMPLETELY, by disconnecting power from the PSU and using the jumper on the board that's typically labeled "CLR_CMOS". With the jumper moved plug power into the PSU and push the power on button, rather nothing will happen or it will power on with no display. Then disconnect power from PSU again and move the jumper back. Reconnect and enter the BIOS and "Load Optimized Defaults. Make sure to update your Date/Time settings after doing this. At this point be sure to set SATA ports to AHCI, PnP aware OS to "Yes" and make sure USB Legacy function is set to Enabled. Apply settings and restart.

If you're still getting the "Insert System Disk" message then all is well. Power off the PC and connect ONLY the drive you're going to install an OS on. Boot up, verify that it shows up correctly in the BIOS and that it is set as your Primary Boot Device. Apply and reboot, you should (hopefully) get the "Insert System Disk" message still. So long as that message shows up, power the system off and insert your Bootable USB, power on the system and hit the key for your system that gives you Boot Device Selection. Select your USB drive and hopefully all will be well.

If this works then you can try adding things 1 at a time after your OS is installed and see if/when a failure occurs.

If this doesn't work at any one point you'll need to ensure that you have the latest BIOS version available for the board from https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/GA-MA785GMT-UD2H-rev-13#support-dl

The latest available version is "F10b"

Please let me know if this works for you, or if it doesn't, at which point the failure occurred/reoccurred.