Selling my PC to buy a Laptop. estimations on price?

Tds.j

Im reaching a point in my life where a gaming laptop would serve me better than my PC, and it is more multipurpose in my academic life, but i dont know what my PC would sell for (seen as obviously it wont have a warranty being secondhand etc). Im also selling my logitech G910 Keyboard + G502 mouse with it just for that little bit extra. I need roughly £1000 for the laptop, and reckon this will sell for £500 maybe? Any help would be great, thanks! 

Specs:

Windows 10 Home

I7-4790 3.60GHz

MSI Nividia GTX 970

3TB Storage + 256GB SSD

16GB Ram

Memphis2-S Motherboard

600W PSU

Expect a laptop to cost twice as much as any PC with the same specs.

/ | / /__  _________/ / /_____ _/ (_) /___  __
  /  |/ / _ \/ ___/ __  / __/ __ `/ / / __/ / / /
 / /|  /  __/ /  / /_/ / /_/ /_/ / / / /_/ /_/ / 
/_/ |_/\___/_/   \__,_/\__/\__,_/_/_/\__/\__, /  
                                        /____/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, 「Neͥrdͣtͫality」noice to meet you... :3

Just now, MyRigsBetterThanUrs said:

someone would probably buy at 500 easily, you will be lowballed though..

that happens on everything u sell, once tried to sell a absolutely new racing wheel that is worth 300buck, ppl offer 50... like how retarded can ppl get

(◑‿◐)

36 minutes ago, Nerdtality said:

Expect a laptop to cost twice as much as any PC with the same specs.

gaming laptops aren't actually as bad as they once were, they're much closer to their PC counterparts now. I just speced out a PC to roughly match the MSI GL62MVR ($1899.00AUD) here in australia using pcpp and the PC was only about $200 cheaper using the cheapest parts that i would actually trust. Laptops are roughly on par with prebuilts these days.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

I'd pay £ 650 for it not that I'm willing to buy, but what I'd spent on a second hand rig.

A decent laptop can be had for € 750 (note the different currency), I bought my Clevo N150RD for € 700 and it plays games at Mid-High settings 1080P.

If you opt for last gen (Maxwell & Skylake CPU's) there are some good deals to be had.

Most stores want to get rid of that old stock so you can try to snatch one of them up, a local small IT business might be able to negotiate on the price.

What I do recommend is looking into the laptop you buy & doing loads of research. How are the thermals, 1-2-4 heatpipes? decent motherboard? Solderer on GPU/CPU? fan noise? amount of fans? up-gradable?

Those things vary from laptop to laptop, even when to rock the same internals.

A laptop from lets say Acer with the same specs as mine but an inferior thermal solution will not last as long & be slower.

TL;DR

Sell it for £ 650, do a load of research on the laptop.

Maybe go last gen & bite the bullet.

Lets hope that help somewhat ;)

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

Thanks for the quick responses, I just threw 500 out as a general price, Ill go with £650 though, thanks. As for the argument of a laptop being worse than a pc of the same cost, because of my situation with general living, im only at home from about 6:30am to 8pm onwards, and once i start up work, that'll stretch to 10pm onwards on some nights, with the rest of my day either at school, or in the car (i spend a lot of my time going to and from places, 70 miles to school, 40 to my mums place etc as i live at my grandparents.) For this reason, a gaming laptop where i can play on the go or at my mums, without the hassle of taking apart my whole setup and moving my desktop from my house to the other one is ideal over a better PC in general. 

Edit: Having just realised an amazon listing for the Razer i was looking at (which would make it 1300) doesnt ship to UK, and instead would have to be bought at 2000, its off the table as a potential option, leaving just the MSI GE62 Apache Pro.

I still recommend you to get a laptop after the new graphic cards come out. It won't be long. I say the new laptop probably will come out the same time as the new gpu comes out. Personally, I would say avoid gs60 series, the thin one. Look online for any temp and noise reviews. Those are the only things that you should really care about. 

Any idea on when those new cards are coming out? i realistically need it for september (as thats when i start school) and if i did end up waiting, i feel as though the price would be quite high still, i mean the 1080 laptops are going for anywhere upwards of £2000/$2500.