2.1 speaker setup experiencing static output.

G9XFTW

Using Creative SBS A225 or something on a VISE LCD tv. It has a 3.5mm output and presumably one input jack. Im using the speaker on the output jack and it generally produced static. I have the volume half, so the static is quite less and not bothersome. However if I raise the volume through the dial on the speaker I get louder static. Also, plugging in the  R speaker, which does not have the audio dial, shoots the static way more. The L speaker at least plays some sounds, however the R one is pure static. I had another set of similar speakers, same experience there. So the TV is definitely to blame. This brand is not known for quality and not known well at all either. What can I do to fix this?

27 minutes ago, G9XFTW said:

Using Creative SBS A225 or something on a VISE LCD tv. It has a 3.5mm output and presumably one input jack. Im using the speaker on the output jack and it generally produced static. I have the volume half, so the static is quite less and not bothersome. However if I raise the volume through the dial on the speaker I get louder static. Also, plugging in the  R speaker, which does not have the audio dial, shoots the static way more. The L speaker at least plays some sounds, however the R one is pure static. I had another set of similar speakers, same experience there. So the TV is definitely to blame. This brand is not known for quality and not known well at all either. What can I do to fix this?

It sounds like the audio jack on the tv is the issue. Try giving it a clean with some compressed air to get any grime out of it. Might also be worth trying some headphones if you've got any to test, see if the sound is any good then.

I ilke trains.

Test all the ports and cables with other audio stuff you know works (try headphones in the output, different source to the speaker, different cable to the speaker and so on) go for a trial of elimination to slowly eliminate possible problems so you have a smaller range of stuff to have to think about

2 hours ago, MCManiac52 said:

It sounds like the audio jack on the tv is the issue. Try giving it a clean with some compressed air to get any grime out of it. Might also be worth trying some headphones if you've got any to test, see if the sound is any good then.

The TV is a week old, and the speakers a day old. I have another VISE in the house and it has the same stupid issue with the 3.5mm jack, with both speakers.

1 hour ago, G9XFTW said:

The TV is a week old, and the speakers a day old. I have another VISE in the house and it has the same stupid issue with the 3.5mm jack, with both speakers.

Does the issue ocour when you plug into any other devices besides the TV? If so they your TV most likely has a defective audio jack. Also, most 3.5mm jacks on TVs are designed to use with headphones, not PC speakers. As a rule TVs are typically designed for audio to be run through a receiver from the input device directly or through the RCA audio output jacks on the TV. In other cases you may see if there's any additional settings in the TVs audio configuration that may allow to adjust output settings for the 3.5mm jack. If you have the same issue with headphones I would suggest contacting the manufacturer. Make sure to test the speakers on other devices though just to be sure that they're not the issue. Should be able to plug them straight into most smartphones easily enough to test.