New Case Build from scratch

Hey everyone this is my first post on the entire forums,

but i had this old pc in my home, well the case, it was an old Norrod Case, still in the whole white cream collors, even an ATX PSU did not fit in it's old connectors.

So after 7 months after using that one i got a new Thermaltake Case for my pc, and now i still got new great components lying arround [Atleast better then my Thermaltake ]

In my thermaltake case are currently - 

PSU - B500 Cooler Master

CPU - Intel I3-4160

Ram - 8GB Kingston

And it has 2fans [ Including the CPU Cooler ]

Seing as the LAN port on my newer motherboard died without explenation.

The PC Case i am building will be made out of Multiplex board with a ProfiPaint finish, and the Component bases from the old pc wich i have tested and still fit.

Including will be the picture of the pieces i will re-use.

And a size table for the wooden pieces i have measured out, they are in Centimeter, but still as my friend said "Enormous" as the case will be 61cm tall without feet, and 54cm or longer, for the feet i will probably use tray wheels, 2 in the back that are stationary, and 2 in the front that can rotate freely for easy working capability.

The parts i will put in it will be the PSU from my thermaltake due to the fact it will need more power as it will be my main rig.

PSU - B500 Cooler Master

CPU - I3-8100 [ iGPU UHD 630 ]

Ram - 2 Kingston 4GB Strips

Storage - 2 Kingston 120Gb SSD's [ 1 already in my possesion. ] and 2 500Gb HDD's one from WD Blue and one from Toshiba.

Fans - 1 Xoxide 250mm Silent case Fan, 1 200mm Case Fan [ Choice undefined ] 5 120mm Casefans [ More so cause it's a wooden Case ]

Front I/O will be made from:
Phobya Push-button 19mm Alu Black button [ probably lue led ]

Delock Kabel USB 3.0 Pin Header > 2 X USb 3.0-a Parallel USB-Adapter

Delock Adapter USB 2.0 Header > 2x USB-Ausb-adapterto connect my 1-7 USB Hub wich has blue led's and switches per usb port for extra usb space.

The Component Base i will need to look on how to conect it to the rest of the case seing as it will need good stability as it will hold my motherboard afterall. 

Maybe for that i will use some wooden rods and a few splints.

And i'm thinking about doing a partial Acrylic screen on the motherboard side as it will be an aesthetics case, to the size of the motherboard tray or top of motherboard towards bottom of the psu if i make an acrylic PSU Cover. [ Indicated bythe dotted line ]

Will also need to try and make a cool design for the Front piece and top etc.

For the cable management i will build in some holes and fill them with Corsair Obsidian 350D Gromet Kits, and for the sounds of the fans and such i will be using Be Quiet! Demping Mat's.

I will be doing some updates occasionally.

Anyone any cool design idea's easy to make using a sander and hand circle saw? Those are the tools i wil mainly be using for this product including a basic battery powered drill.

Will update when avaiable.

Pc Case Fill in.png

Pc Case Measurements.png

20180408_191123[1].jpg

• 3 months later...

Update on my pc - 

It's starting to come together, now all i need is to put on the other panel, add the last pieces of decoration and make some more acrylic covers and then add the LED strips, then its perfectione.

JPEG_20180717_210745.jpg

On 7/17/2018 at 1:05 PM, KimberlyHulshof said:

Update on my pc - 

It's starting to come together, now all i need is to put on the other panel, add the last pieces of decoration and make some more acrylic covers and then add the LED strips, then its perfectione.

JPEG_20180717_210745.jpg

That looks really good for a scratch build! Nice job!

• 3 months later...

Thanks sorry lost my account and have alot of projects going, it's currently doing better then before, having a better coat, it's also getting more RGB fans, but due to instability for the case i needed to add some bars to keep it in place [ Might change that to some Paintstick grinded L blocks with woodglue and nails ]

The pc case further basicly looks the same, but i've decided to make the front panel more out of Acrylic with the fact of shine thrue RGB [ if i go for that ] I already cutted out the front pannel, had to reinforce one broken spot but it looks good enough to put some fan Dust filter sponge mesh infront [ basicly just like extremely thin furniture panels ] to cover the dust part.

The RGB fans i will be using are some Aigo RGB fans from AliExpress - But thats because of theirn normal rpm and it comes with a RGB hub so why not - it is controller controlled but until i'm able to afford the real cablemod stuff it's a step.

It will have a 360 radiator in the front with the three fans, a 25cm long and 5cm thick reservoir on the motherboard tray , still finding a way to cover the drive bay [ which i need to cut something in ] Then need to cut some holes in the acrylic and case at the front top to fit my front panel [ might decide to get it out the bay and just mount it straight to the case on the top.

For now the case has some wheels [ which i will cover up with some Metal plating on the bottom now that i got a rivet gun.

So i have been able to fix the motherboard back together, [ had to take it apart to fix its fitting ] 

In the back i still need to do some painting, and there will be a grill on it, and probably going to put some type of dust sponge on the top holes as well after recutting them with the jigsaw [ with which i cutted almost every hole on it but with which i am starting to get better.

But the best part about it is - Soon im getting a decent camera to make actually proper pictures of it. xD

So yeah the case itself is nearly done, but the most expensive stuff will be the water cooling with a case this size, it will literally take about 6/8 staves of 500mm long PETG just to make the loop look decent.

I do need to get way more acrylic though to make the case work properly as i want to cover up the PSU just enough to get halfway the other panel - that way the Hard drive cage is still protected aswell, but i'd still be able to to put in a drive bay cover all the way down as well.

Probably going to design some Tribal tattoo's onto a piece of A4 sketching paper ontop of my drawing tablet [ light box basicly ] and then make sure to get that out into the final design's, just because i want to get back into tattoo designing aswell xD

What i do suggest for people wanting to design a case out of MDF - be sure to pick the one's of about 18mm thickness, your screws would elsewise go through it immediatly, and you'd have to start over - what i did was basicly just continue working with it and found the problems to be.. annoying.

But they work now and for people wondering how much space there is on the top between the motherboard tray and inside top, it's enough to place a 120mm fan there with some slight draw backs - The back of the motherboard tray is about 3 cm space. 

Sizes of the current case - 25.4''/65cm x 11.4''/29cm x 24''/61cm and is stationed because of the wheels 1.7''/4.5cm away from the ground. 

IMG_20181109_213525[1].jpg

IMG_20181109_213610[1].jpg

IMG_20181109_213448[1].jpg

Edited by KimberlyHulshof
Needed more info.

1 hour ago, KimberlyHulshof said:

Thanks sorry lost my account and have alot of projects going, it's currently doing better then before, having a better coat, it's also getting more RGB fans, but due to instability for the case i needed to add some bars to keep it in place [ Might change that to some Paintstick grinded L blocks with woodglue and nails ]

The pc case further basicly looks the same, but i've decided to make the front panel more out of Acrylic with the fact of shine thrue RGB [ if i go for that ] I already cutted out the front pannel, had to reinforce one broken spot but it looks good enough to put some fan Dust filter sponge mesh infront [ basicly just like extremely thin furniture panels ] to cover the dust part.

The RGB fans i will be using are some Aigo RGB fans from AliExpress - But thats because of theirn normal rpm and it comes with a RGB hub so why not - it is controller controlled but until i'm able to afford the real cablemod stuff it's a step.

It will have a 360 radiator in the front with the three fans, a 25cm long and 5cm thick reservoir on the motherboard tray , still finding a way to cover the drive bay [ which i need to cut something in ] Then need to cut some holes in the acrylic and case at the front top to fit my front panel [ might decide to get it out the bay and just mount it straight to the case on the top.

For now the case has some wheels [ which i will cover up with some Metal plating on the bottom now that i got a rivet gun.

So i have been able to fix the motherboard back together, [ had to take it apart to fix its fitting ] 

In the back i still need to do some painting, and there will be a grill on it, and probably going to put some type of dust sponge on the top holes as well after recutting them with the jigsaw [ with which i cutted almost every hole on it but with which i am starting to get better.

But the best part about it is - Soon im getting a decent camera to make actually proper pictures of it. xD

So yeah the case itself is nearly done, but the most expensive stuff will be the water cooling with a case this size, it will literally take about 6/8 staves of 500mm long PETG just to make the loop look decent.

I do need to get way more acrylic though to make the case work properly as i want to cover up the PSU just enough to get halfway the other panel - that way the Hard drive cage is still protected aswell, but i'd still be able to to put in a drive bay cover all the way down as well.

Probably going to design some Tribal tattoo's onto a piece of A4 sketching paper ontop of my drawing tablet [ light box basicly ] and then make sure to get that out into the final design's, just because i want to get back into tattoo designing aswell xD

What i do suggest for people wanting to design a case out of MDF - be sure to pick the one's of about 18mm thickness, your screws would elsewise go through it immediatly, and you'd have to start over - what i did was basicly just continue working with it and found the problems to be.. annoying.

But they work now and for people wondering how much space there is on the top between the motherboard tray and inside top, it's enough to place a 120mm fan there with some slight draw backs - The back of the motherboard tray is about 3 cm space. 

Sizes of the current case - 25.4''/65cm x 11.4''/29cm x 24''/61cm and is stationed because of the wheels 1.7''/4.5cm away from the ground. 

IMG_20181109_213525[1].jpg

IMG_20181109_213610[1].jpg

IMG_20181109_213448[1].jpg

Is that you on your profile pic

Cool start.

I like custom cases as well.
Still can't find a full bore ATX case that has a mesh side panel for the build I am planning next year.

Don't want to deal with the chicken and door wire mesh again it is a bloody hassle -literally.

Current computers:

Primary Computer (In Progress):

Spoiler

SUBJECT TO CHANGE

CASE: ROSEWIL THOR V2 Black

CPU:

Motherboard:

GPU: SAPPHIRE VEGA 56 -TBU RTX 2070 SUPER

RAM: 48 GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX
PSU: SEASONIC PRIME 1300 W GOLD

STORAGE: 4x SEAGATE EXOS 4TB | Sans Digital HDD 5-Bay Rack | Sisun IDE SATA HDD Docking Station 

SOUND SYSTEM: Logitech Z506 Surround Sound via Vantec USB External 7.1 Channel Audio Adapter  

MOUSE: 16000DPI GAMING MOUSE

KEYBOARD: -PENDING-

MONITOR: -PENDING- AOC AGON AG241QX 24" -PENDING-

COOLING:  CPU: Noctua NH-D15 -3x NF-F12 Fan MOD || 10-12X NF-F12 || EXHAUST: 3x NA-A12x25

LAST UPDATED 4/29/20

Secondary Computer:

Spoiler

CPU: AMD FX-8370 Black Edition 

Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 R2.0

GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 970 AMP! Omega Core Edition 

RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX Savage 1600MHz DDR3
PSU: Antec High Current Gamer HCG-900W

STORAGE: 5x Western Digital Black 2TB - WD2003FZEX | Sans Digital HDD 5-Bay Rack | Sisun IDE SATA HDD Docking Station 

SOUND SYSTEM: Logitech Z506 Surround Sound via Vantec USB External 7.1 Channel Audio Adapter  

MOUSE: PUREX 2400 DPI Wired Laser Gaming Mouse

KEYBOARD: DBPOWER 104 Key -3 Backlit -I KNOW! Linus doesn't approve -I have glued it to the desk and it works well for my needs.

MONITOR: ASUS VS247H-P 24 Inch 

COOLING: CPU: Noctua NH-D14 -3x NF-F12 Fan MOD || 10-12X NF-F12 || EXHAUST: 3x NA-A12x25

GRAPHICS: 2x NF12s fans on graphics card + 2x NF-F12s & 1x NA-A12x25 in Fan box | 1x Vantec SP-FC70-BL Spectrum System Fan Cards

On 11/10/2018 at 11:20 AM, kingknightrider said:

Cool start.

I like custom cases as well.
Still can't find a full bore ATX case that has a mesh side panel for the build I am planning next year.

Don't want to deal with the chicken and door wire mesh again it is a bloody hassle -literally.

You could buy Pc mesh for 140mm fans [ normaly comes in strips for 50cm long ] Then with some overlapping you could make it custom, just be sure to run something through it for stability.

Pc mesh

Edited by KimberlyHulshof
Added link

On 11/9/2018 at 11:08 PM, Mugenjynn said:

Is that you on your profile pic

Not really, it's an Anime figure that looks like me ^-^''

True, but thats because the las i used is highly reflective, i'm thinking of putting a mirror foilon the inside to reflect the RGB lights im getting back into the case, while being able to see through on the outside.