Discord blocked in country help :(

Cuboid88

hello

discord has recently been blocked in my country (along with all other voips such as Skype Viber etc) and they've gone as far to block VPNs from working. While i have gotten some VPNs to work most of them just won't load, they typically way i get around this is that I have my friends join in the in-game chat of the game we r playing because for some reason that seems to work (i think its because its classified as game data and so isn't therefore blocked) i knew i could use this to my advantage and get discord to work somehow but im not that technically smart to do it. Even though most vpns r blocked if u know of a good 1 that might be able to work pls send it because the blockage of voip appears to be connected to your ip adresss

Basically, I'd move out if I was that censored. 

2 minutes ago, Himommies said:

IDK if were allowed to help you with this as per the community guidelines

y not

Just now, Yoola said:

hard to do that

1 minute ago, Yoola said:

Other than that the UAE seems to be a pretty chill place to live

2 minutes ago, Cuboid88 said:

y not

On 1/19/2016 at 7:52 PM, Windspeed36 said:

Also discussions regarding ways to avoid or block legitimately installed monitoring/tracking software or the like is also not allowed.

My life

1 minute ago, Himommies said:

Other than that the UAE seems to be a pretty chill place to live

UAE is my country

20 minutes ago, Cuboid88 said:

hello

discord has recently been blocked in my country (along with all other voips such as Skype Viber etc) and they've gone as far to block VPNs from working. While i have gotten some VPNs to work most of them just won't load, they typically way i get around this is that I have my friends join in the in-game chat of the game we r playing because for some reason that seems to work (i think its because its classified as game data and so isn't therefore blocked) i knew i could use this to my advantage and get discord to work somehow but im not that technically smart to do it. Even though most vpns r blocked if u know of a good 1 that might be able to work pls send it because the blockage of voip appears to be connected to your ip adresss

https://support.nordvpn.com/#/General-Info/1047408742/How-to-use-NordVPN-in-restricted-countries.htm

read this. i use this vpn and like it but i'm not in UAE so... take it as just a guideline

1 minute ago, asus killer said:

https://support.nordvpn.com/#/General-Info/1047408742/How-to-use-NordVPN-in-restricted-countries.htm

read this. i use this vpn and like it but i'm not in UAE so... take it as just a guideline

i know this sounds wierd but here they also block the websites for vpns can u mabye send a screenshot of it r something

1 minute ago, Cuboid88 said:

i know this sounds wierd but here they also block the websites for vpns can u mabye send a screenshot of i tr something

Man, that's insane.

quote:

How to use NordVPN in restricted countries?

Some governments implement nation-wide internet censorship systems. Usually, this is supplemented with VPN service blocks, making it harder for residents/tourists in those counties to bypass the censorship restrictions.

In such countries (i.e. China, the United Arab Emirates and/or Saudi Arabia), NordVPN applications may not work - however, we have several alternative connection methods which you can use to freely and privately surf the net.

On Windows, macOS and Android usually you can easily bypass restrictions by logging into the NordVPN app, going into the advanced settings, and enabling "Obfuscated servers". Then, simply connect to one of the available servers.

On other devices, the most common connection method used is a manual VPN configuration of the OpenVPN connection protocol, or the L2TP protocol with some specific settings - please contact our Support Staff for assistance in connecting from restricted countries.

2 minutes ago, asus killer said:

Man, that's insane.

quote:

How to use NordVPN in restricted countries?

Some governments implement nation-wide internet censorship systems. Usually, this is supplemented with VPN service blocks, making it harder for residents/tourists in those counties to bypass the censorship restrictions.

In such countries (i.e. China, the United Arab Emirates and/or Saudi Arabia), NordVPN applications may not work - however, we have several alternative connection methods which you can use to freely and privately surf the net.

On Windows, macOS and Android usually you can easily bypass restrictions by logging into the NordVPN app, going into the advanced settings, and enabling "Obfuscated servers". Then, simply connect to one of the available servers.

On other devices, the most common connection method used is a manual VPN configuration of the OpenVPN connection protocol, or the L2TP protocol with some specific settings - please contact our Support Staff for assistance in connecting from restricted countries.

thanks so much its a real hassle to get anything working here