cablemod rgb strips

123stephen5

so i just bought an rgb strip from cablemod but im confused, is all i need to do plug it into my asus motherboard header? and which cables do i use. The one with the motherboard right

13 minutes ago, 123stephen5 said:

so i just bought an rgb strip from cablemod but im confused, is all i need to do plug it into my asus motherboard header? and which cables do i use. The one with the motherboard right

The @CableMod cables should have come with an adapter to plug into the Asus motherboard header

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019--- Rainbow 馃 2020---Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---Blue Build Post---Blue Build Post 2018---Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k聽聽 聽MotherboardGigabyte Z97N-WIFI聽 聽聽RAMG.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz聽聽 聽GPUEVGA GTX1080Ti聽FTW3聽 聽聽CaseCorsair 380T聽 聽

StorageSamsung EVO 250GB,聽Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB,聽WD Black 5TB聽聽 聽PSUCorsair CX750M聽 聽聽CoolingCryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

I believe that RGB cables use the Molex聽cable connected to your聽PSU

PC SPECS: i7 - 3820, 32GB GSkill DDR3 RAM, 2TB Seagate Hybrid Drive, Intel 240GB SSD, Corsair Spec Omega Case, Strix GTX 1060 6GB, Corsair H150i Pro RGB, Corsair CX850M PSU

1 hour ago, 123stephen5 said:

@123stephen5 our 4-pin magnetic RGB LEDs plug directly to the board now as the pin assignment matches (no need for an adapter). If you have the 3-pin addressable LEDs you would use the cable provided with the motherboard, and the included cable with our strip and connect those together, then connect the strip to that setup. Ensure that you align the voltage pins for either one, that is most important. Off to RGB glory from there!

48 minutes ago, CableMod said:

@123stephen5 our 4-pin magnetic RGB LEDs plug directly to the board now as the pin assignment matches (no need for an adapter). If you have the 3-pin addressable LEDs you would use the cable provided with the motherboard, and the included cable with our strip and connect those together, then connect the strip to that setup. Ensure that you align the voltage pins for either one, that is most important. Off to RGB glory from there!

so i connected it all up and it鈥檚 not working and i don鈥檛 know what鈥檚 wrong.i have the rgb extension that came with my motherboard going from the rgb header to the led strip. when i turn on my pc they light up purple for a second then flash red then shut off and i can鈥檛 get them back on.

Just now, 123stephen5 said:

so i connected it all up and it鈥檚 not working and i don鈥檛 know what鈥檚 wrong.i have the rgb extension that came with my motherboard going from the rgb header to the led strip. when i turn on my pc they light up purple for a second then flash red then shut off and i can鈥檛 get them back on.

@123stephen5 it's likely that the voltage pins weren't aligned properly (backwards installation) which would fry the strip, please email Support@CableMod.com and we can have a replacement sent out to you.

5 minutes ago, CableMod said:

@123stephen5 it's likely that the voltage pins weren't aligned properly (backwards installation) which would fry the strip, please email Support@CableMod.com and we can have a replacement sent out to you.

oh really, thanks so much.