Pc freezing when playing, but working when stress testing

Slowness112

I got this pc for a month now, for about a week i have this problem

Ryzen1600

Corsair vengeance lpx16gb(8+8)

SSD+HDD

GTX750ti(no, i am not stupid, i will upgrade)
650W gold PSU

Win10pro

When it freezes the sound continues for a bit, then stops.The screen just freezes at the current frame, it needs a hard reset.

It freezes randomly, but it freezes more when playing games/using blender(it does not work more than 30minutes).When i stress test it(aida64/rendering with SheepIt)it works(8hours)

Temps are good

Here are things that i did:

I tested the ram with memtest86+ overnight.

Tested GPU in another pc

Tested disks with the windows tool.

Reinstalled windows.Twice.

Used DDU

Got no overclock

Put out the battery from the motherboard for about 30 minutes(that fixed another issue that i had)

I left my pc to render(CPU and GPU) for 12 hours.No freeze

Tried another HDD, with the HDD/SDD that i use unplugged.Same result.

Any ideas?

All applications stress hardware in different way. You need more than just few stress tests to determine stability of the system.

21 minutes ago, Slowness112 said:

I got this pc for a month now, for about a week i have this problem

Ryzen1600

Corsair vengeance lpx16gb(8+8)

SSD+HDD

GTX750ti(no, i am not stupid, i will upgrade)
650W gold PSU

Win10pro

When it freezes the sound continues for a bit, then stops.The screen just freezes at the current frame, it needs a hard reset.

It freezes randomly, but it freezes more when playing games/using blender(it does not work more than 30minutes).When i stress test it(aida64/rendering with SheepIt)it works(8hours)

Temps are good

Here are things that i did:

I tested the ram with memtest86+ overnight.

Tested GPU in another pc

Tested disks with the windows tool.

Reinstalled windows.Twice.

Used DDU

Got no overclock

Put out the battery from the motherboard for about 30 minutes(that fixed another issue that i had)

I left my pc to render(CPU and GPU) for 12 hours.No freeze

Tried another HDD, with the HDD/SDD that i use unplugged.Same result.

Any ideas?

You may need a new PSU. Try swapping that out and see if it fixes it. If you don't have a spare one, its always nice to have one ready to go! I had a similar issue with a good Seasonic unit a few months ago. Ran fine in stress tests, black screened and restarted after a little while in games. Give that a try and let us know how it works!

26 minutes ago, CrippledROBOT said:

You may need a new PSU. Try swapping that out and see if it fixes it. If you don't have a spare one, its always nice to have one ready to go! I had a similar issue with a good Seasonic unit a few months ago. Ran fine in stress tests, black screened and restarted after a little while in games. Give that a try and let us know how it works!

I only have a 500w PSU, but i know for sure that PSU is stable, since it ran 2 years.

I don't know if it handles my current system, since it's 500w.

Also, how did it run for a month with no problem?

18 minutes ago, Slowness112 said:

I only have a 500w PSU, but i know for sure that PSU is stable, since it ran 2 years.

I don't know if it handles my current system, since it's 500w.

Also, how did it run for a month with no problem?

Did you ever have the system set so that it would go to sleep after a while? Those "frequent restarts" of when the system goes to sleep can continue to push back an actual black screen crash. I didn't notice the crashing until like 3 months after I built the system. I went back through my Windows Error Log and found that the issue HAD been happening during those 3 months where I thought the system was stable, however because the system was technically going to sleep and reawakening when I moved the mouse, I wouldn't have known if the "restarts" were just the Windows sleep setting OR the system crashing for some unknown reason. I got a new PSU, NVMe, and CPU and haven't had a problem since!

19 minutes ago, CrippledROBOT said:

Did you ever have the system set so that it would go to sleep after a while? Those "frequent restarts" of when the system goes to sleep can continue to push back an actual black screen crash. I didn't notice the crashing until like 3 months after I built the system. I went back through my Windows Error Log and found that the issue HAD been happening during those 3 months where I thought the system was stable, however because the system was technically going to sleep and reawakening when I moved the mouse, I wouldn't have known if the "restarts" were just the Windows sleep setting OR the system crashing for some unknown reason. I got a new PSU, NVMe, and CPU and haven't had a problem since!

I set it to never sleep.

I also checked event viewer, the only errors besides the shutdowns(The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.) say this "The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID "

I can't test with the other PSU since it's not working with my pc(the other psu has 2 less pins for the cpu power)

26 minutes ago, Slowness112 said:

I set it to never sleep.

I also checked event viewer, the only errors besides the shutdowns(The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.) say this "The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID "

I can't test with the other PSU since it's not working with my pc(the other psu has 2 less pins for the cpu power)

Those errors? Those are likely what are being reported when my system did something similar. You may just have to order another PSU for now. Worst case at least we know your PSU is good. Best case we fix the system entirely. If you live in the US, chances are you live near a Best Buy. They tend to carry some basic Corsair units. Not the best for a high end build, but if you're on a budget or trying to test something, they are perfectly fine!

34 minutes ago, CrippledROBOT said:

Those errors? Those are likely what are being reported when my system did something similar. You may just have to order another PSU for now. Worst case at least we know your PSU is good. Best case we fix the system entirely. If you live in the US, chances are you live near a Best Buy. They tend to carry some basic Corsair units. Not the best for a high end build, but if you're on a budget or trying to test something, they are perfectly fine!

Well, i can't get a new psu now, since i spent all my money on the pc

Do you think they will give me a new one with this problem?(it's still in warranty)

30 minutes ago, Slowness112 said:

Well, i can't get a new psu now, since i spent all my money on the pc

Do you think they will give me a new one with this problem?(it's still in warranty)

Where did you order from?

2 minutes ago, CrippledROBOT said:

Where did you order from?

Emag, it's only in my country.

1 minute ago, Slowness112 said:

Emag, it's only in my country.

You're in Romania then! Cool! What brand is the PSU? Can you link me to it? I would contact them/see if it is possible to still do a return on it. I find that doing returns is MUCH easier than processing an RMA/taking a company up on its warranty. 

My recommended course of action?

1) See if Emag will accept a return/exchange. If you can, then you're in the clear and should be good to go!

2) if they will not accept a return/exchange, I'd contact the manufacturer of the PSU and see what their deal is. If it is EVGA, then you're set. They have a wonderful return/customer support system. Seasonic is also great! 

3) They'll most likely honor your warranty request, it just may take a while for them to get a new unit out to your location. Sometimes more than a week (I had a Gigabyte motherboard that took over a month to be returned. By that time I just ordered a new board)

4) let us know if there are any more issues!

1 minute ago, CrippledROBOT said:

You're in Romania then! Cool! What brand is the PSU? Can you link me to it? I would contact them/see if it is possible to still do a return on it. I find that doing returns is MUCH easier than processing an RMA/taking a company up on its warranty. 

My recommended course of action?

1) See if Emag will accept a return/exchange. If you can, then you're in the clear and should be good to go!

2) if they will not accept a return/exchange, I'd contact the manufacturer of the PSU and see what their deal is. If it is EVGA, then you're set. They have a wonderful return/customer support system. Seasonic is also great! 

3) They'll most likely honor your warranty request, it just may take a while for them to get a new unit out to your location. Sometimes more than a week (I had a Gigabyte motherboard that took over a month to be returned. By that time I just ordered a new board)

4) let us know if there are any more issues!

The 30days that i can return the psu have passed, i'll just send it to RMA.

Thanks for your time!

2 minutes ago, Slowness112 said:

The 30days that i can return the psu have passed, i'll just send it to RMA.

Thanks for your time!

Absolutely! Let us know how it goes!