I can't play while rendering

Hello,
So I edit and render around 2 videos a day, and i would like to game when im rendering since i dont need my hands for rendering (duh), the game i play is Overwatch, but whenever im playing it and rendering a video it lags and becomes unplayable because of the FPS drops, now.. i KNOW that it's a cpu problem (usually) but my cpu is pretty capable of such tasks, its a Ryzen 7 1700 8 Cores 16 Threads Overclocked to 3.5GHz, so its pretty capable, and my gpu is a GTX 1060 6GB (if it matters), so i need to know what's causing this problem and how can i fix it?

You can force your rendering software to use certain cores. Just disable the first 4 and enable them for overwatch

|| CPU: I7 6950X @4.6 (1.35V) || Cooler: CUSTOM EK LOOP || Motherboard: ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10

|| GPU: 2x Vega 64 Strix OC @1762 / 1100 MHz || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Royal RGB 3200 Mhz ||

HDD: Segate Barracuda 3TB || SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 512 GB || PSU: Corsair HX 1200 W || Case: Fractal Design Define R6 Gunmetal || Fans: Corsair HD120 (x4) / BeQuiet Silent Wings 3 (x4) || Monitor: ACER XF27HU ||

Second Monitor: BENQ RL2455HM || Mouse: Logitech G502 Pretus Core || Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum || Headphones: Sennheiser IE80 ||

Buildlog expirience swapping to x99: 

4 minutes ago, joshuawi99 said:

You can force your rendering software to use certain cores. Just disable the first 4 and enable them for overwatch

Thank you for the advice, ill do that 

1 minute ago, Versti said:

Thank you for the advice, ill do that 

Well use cores 0 2 4 6 for your games. These are physical cores and no threads

|| CPU: I7 6950X @4.6 (1.35V) || Cooler: CUSTOM EK LOOP || Motherboard: ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10

|| GPU: 2x Vega 64 Strix OC @1762 / 1100 MHz || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Royal RGB 3200 Mhz ||

HDD: Segate Barracuda 3TB || SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 512 GB || PSU: Corsair HX 1200 W || Case: Fractal Design Define R6 Gunmetal || Fans: Corsair HD120 (x4) / BeQuiet Silent Wings 3 (x4) || Monitor: ACER XF27HU ||

Second Monitor: BENQ RL2455HM || Mouse: Logitech G502 Pretus Core || Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum || Headphones: Sennheiser IE80 ||

Buildlog expirience swapping to x99: 

Highly tempted to say of course you can't..go for a smoke or something..let it do its thing before you go for another gaming session

Pinning threads with task manager will mostly fix this issue.

Task manager -> Details -> right click the process for your video renderer -> set affinity