Best Ryzen build for £850?

Olli_

Hi,

I know I have posted before about previous builds sorry if it seems like I am spamming but I am not very good at making decisions :) however I have decided to take the plunge and  I want to do a new build and I am going to switch to ryzen  and will hopefully get the 2700 when It comes out this month? ( Maybe)  i know people have told me to keep my i5 6500 but I feel like it's time to upgrade with all the new chips coming out .

I will be  gaming on it and also photo editing and digital drawing. I currently have a 650w psu and 16gb of RAM so I don't need to include this in the budget but I do need a case. It would be great if you could link some builds that have UK prices. I do have a monitor and  windows but I am thinking about upgrading my monitor as well to a dual setup so if you could recommend a monitor as well ( they won't be in the same budget so I can spend Abit more but maybe not too expensive)

Thank you for the help.

If you aren't streaming/video editing than stick with Intel, you won't utilize Ryzen's strengths with a gaming/photo editing workload. Stick with intel chips that have higher clock speeds. Imo the best thing you could do is probably swap your i5 to an i7-6700k

20 minutes ago, Olli_ said:

Hi,

I know I have posted before about previous builds sorry if it seems like I am spamming but I am not very good at making decisions :) however I have decided to take the plunge and  I want to do a new build and I am going to switch to ryzen  and will hopefully get the 2700 when It comes out this month? ( Maybe)  i know people have told me to keep my i5 6500 but I feel like it's time to upgrade with all the new chips coming out .

I will be  gaming on it and also photo editing and digital drawing. I currently have a 650w psu and 16gb of RAM so I don't need to include this in the budget but I do need a case. It would be great if you could link some builds that have UK prices. I do have a monitor and  windows but I am thinking about upgrading my monitor as well to a dual setup so if you could recommend a monitor as well ( they won't be in the same budget so I can spend Abit more but maybe not too expensive)

Thank you for the help.

I get the struggle of spamming builds And making decisions xD

Soon building: Shardedge

CPU 

GPU Asus Strix RX470 4GB

SSD 128GB

HDD Seagate 2TB

PSU Corsair CX450M

RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz

CASE Corsair Crystal 460x

MOBO MSI Pc Mate B350M 

48 minutes ago, OLROY said:

If you aren't streaming/video editing than stick with Intel, you won't utilize Ryzen's strengths with a gaming/photo editing workload. Stick with intel chips that have higher clock speeds. Imo the best thing you could do is probably swap your i5 to an i7-6700k

I thought Ryzen was great for productivity in general is it only video editing? And I probably won't over clock is the non k version of thrn 6700 still as good?

Photoshop will prefer higher clock speeds and IPC over core count, so an i5 would be better than a 1600. which PSU do you have? exact model, no brand names.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

2 hours ago, herman mcpootis said:

Photoshop will prefer higher clock speeds and IPC over core count, so an i5 would be better than a 1600. which PSU do you have? exact model, no brand names.

Hi this is the psu it's 600w https://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CP-9020048-UK-Builder-Bronze-Supply-Black/dp/B009RMP44O/ref=sr_1_3?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1522818501&sr=1-3&keywords=corsair+600w+psu

9 hours ago, Olli_ said:

I thought Ryzen was great for productivity in general is it only video editing? And I probably won't over clock is the non k version of thrn 6700 still as good?

It is great for productivity, but photo editing is a very basic (by today's standards) version of productivity as it doesn't require consistent 100% load on the CPU like video encoding does, so get a lot of ram and an i7, you'll enjoy yourself with that

5 hours ago, OLROY said:

It is great for productivity, but photo editing is a very basic (by today's standards) version of productivity as it doesn't require consistent 100% load on the CPU like video encoding does, so get a lot of ram and an i7, you'll enjoy yourself with that

I've made up this part list https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/ssrgw6 The ram that i have added is what i have at the moment i don't really want to spend more on the ram i think i can get away with 16gb would the psu i have ( linked above) be good enough

6 hours ago, Olli_ said:

I've made up this part list https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/ssrgw6 The ram that i have added is what i have at the moment i don't really want to spend more on the ram i think i can get away with 16gb would the psu i have ( linked above) be good enough

Yes everything you have there will work perfectly, but just so you know you could just upgrade your CPU to the 6700 you don’t need to upgrade everything

43 minutes ago, OLROY said:

43 minutes ago, OLROY said:

Yes everything you have there will work perfectly, but just so you know you could just upgrade your CPU to the 6700 you don’t need to upgrade verything

Thanks for the reply.  I currently don't have a gpu so I need to get one anyway and my case is a spec 01 which I've had for four years and was going to buy a new case. Thanks for the help