Pirated Games

Hey guys, i wanna know if pirated games or cracked games perform better than original ones being bought on steam,uplay,etc...

Generally not but they definitely can depending what DRM was used.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

It depends on the DRM used and the implementation they did. People whine about Denuvo causing performance issues, but in reality it only hampered performance in a small number of cases.  Most DRM these days though aren't continuously checking. It's usually only on startup, hiding the anti-piracy checking during those branding movies they show.

But ultimately this depends if the crack didn't come with malware. I'm in the camp that believes these hackers aren't cracking DRM out of the goodness of their hearts, so I can't trust a crack to be clean.

i recall one game that had serious performance issues with the DRMs implemented, and was only exposed when the cracked version performed significantly better

should also distinguish between cracked and bypassed. 

GENERALLY... no. While the DRM may affect some engine features, it's not worth the risks associated with pirating games.

To LTT staff, can you guys make a video to show performance of pirated games vrs bought games

58 minutes ago, SamuelAfful said:

To LTT staff, can you guys make a video to show performance of pirated games vrs bought games

You're asking LTT to walk on legal thin ice (the game doesn't necessarily have to be pirated, just cracked, but that's usually against EULA). I don't think they'll do it.

11 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

You're asking LTT to walk on legal thin ice (the game doesn't necessarily have to be pirated, just cracked, but that's usually against EULA). I don't think they'll do it.

It does seem like breaking that for a video would be a bad idea but they've done things like that in the past with hackintosh, their various emulation videos with "totally legit" ROMs, etc.

I think the trouble comes in when they reach the conclusion that for some massively butchered games, you can get a substantial performance boost by cracking it, which regardless of how much they say they don't condone it is a clearly implied recommendation of questionable nature.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

performance will never be worse than the original game, but it can occasionally be better depending on what sort of DRM was implemented(looking at you AC:Origins)

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.