Anyone know what software is this icon?

perplex

so i just booted my pc up and found a new icon at the bottom in the task manager, i cant click it to exit or open it. any idea what is is?

2870ojd.jpg

Ctrl + Shift + ESC to load up task manager. Go onto processes and close down programs you don't think should be running until that icon disappears. 

Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.2GHz | Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz | MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr II OC | Samsung Evo 850 250GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Corsair 600T White | Corsair H100 | Corsair HX850 | Corsair SP120 QE | Asus MX279H | LG Flatron E2251 | Logitech G502 | Das Keyboard Ultimate 4 Browns | Fiio E10 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Corsair SP2500 | HTC One M8 | MacBook Air (Mid 2013) i5 8GB 128GB

hover over it, it should come up with a little pop up 

nope that doesnt work, just nothing

Ctrl + Shift + ESC to load up task manager. Go onto processes and close down programs you don't think should be running until that icon disappears. 

lol i guess i could try that

Win XP lol. Sorry I'm no help.

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

so i just booted my pc up and found a new icon at the bottom in the task manager, i cant click it to exit or open it. any idea what is is?

2870ojd.jpg

Did you just add a new device, new software, upgrade something? Is the icon a microphone?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Win XP lol. Sorry I'm no help.

sad i know... to poor to upgrade

Did you just add a new device, new software, upgrade something? Is the icon a microphone?

nope i didnt add anything, didnt install anything, and i cant even hover over it to see what it is...

Can you right-click on the icon to get a menu?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Can you right-click on the icon to get a menu?

nope

i just kept closing tasks and finally found something 'CheckUpdate.exe' so what ever that is

seems its software for xvid even though its not installed

It looks like a globe but only showing the American continent. Have you any sort of proxy program running?

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

found it, was in Glary Utilities just a general thing, but ive never seen it before and been using it for years.

thanks though