UK Networks - 2g, 3g, 4g Coverage and Speeds

Hi Guys

I live in the UK and want to know about other peoples views of the UK mobile infrastructure:

Is the coverage good enough? (Compared to say the USA)

What networks do people stand by currently for 3g/4g Smartphones or 2g only Feature Phones? (Vodafone. O2, EE, Three)

Will you be willing to move carriers (networks) to get 4G at a discounted price or quicker than your current network

What sorts of speeds have you been getting on your current phone on a certain network

Are you even looking forward to 4g?

Any other opinions or comments as it is an industry and area i'm quite interested in.

I have a nexus 4 which does not have 4G but the 3G speeds are pretty damn fast I can get from my house into the town without dropping the internet and pages load as fast as my fibre to be honest, I'm on O2 btw, I would like 4G but the cost is crazy :D I would recommend EE because of the Orange Wednesdays :D

PC Specs:

CPU: i5 4670K  4.5 GHz  | CPU COOLER: H80i | GPU:EVGA GTX 780Ti  |  Motherboard: MSI Z87I   |  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy  |  RAM: 8GB Avexir Venom  |  HDD: Seagate 1TB , 60GB Agility 3  Monitor: 32" HD TV (LOL)   PSU: Corsair 750W

Nice one :) , I forgot to mention i'm on EE (T-Mobile) on an iPhone 5s (3G-Only Plan), I'm happy with 2G but it's still not as good as Vodafone or O2's but 3G is pretty good although with a pretty low 3GB data limit :/

Oh and I agree about 4G prices being insane at the moment, the only way I would consider it right now is to switch to a network like Three where its no extra charge

I have a nexus 4 which does not have 4G but the 3G speeds are pretty damn fast I can get from my house into the town without dropping the internet and pages load as fast as my fibre to be honest, I'm on O2 btw, I would like 4G but the cost is crazy :D I would recommend EE because of the Orange Wednesdays :D

Flash a different radio cant remember which one it is but the Nexus 4 is kinda 4G enabled.

My Build  CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955@4.1@Ghz Mobo: Asus M5A99x Evo R2.0 GPU: Asus 7870T @1.25GHz Core 5.5GHz Mem Ram: Kingston HyperX@ 1600 9-9-9-24 CPU Cooler: H80 Push/Pull Noctua NF-P12  SSD: Samsung 128GB 840 PRO HDD: Mix of drives which add up to 5.6TB SoundCard: Asus xonar DGX PSU: Corsair HX650 + alchemy cables Case: R3 with the rest of the fans being fractel fans.

Im A Snake.....

I am on vodafone and i am very disappointed with the 3g coverage. When you have 3g the speed is fine but I find that I will be in the middle of reasonably big towns and I will not have 3g coverage. They need to sort out there 3g coverage before they even think about 4g. PS I am using an htc one

My rig: i5 2500k, MSI Z77A G45, Gainward GTX 980 Phantom, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, OCZ ZT series 750W PSU, 1TB HDD, 800D, fully water cooled. I am currently working on modding my HAF 912+ to fit a custom loop, here is the build log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165963-project-viridis-water-cooled-haf-912/

I am on vodafone and i am very disappointed with the 3g coverage. When you have 3g the speed is fine but I find that I will be in the middle of reasonably big towns and I will not have 3g coverage. They need to sort out there 3g coverage before they even think about 4g. PS I am using an htc one

I know what you mean vodafones easily got some of the worst 3G speeds/coverage just above O2 in my opinion :/ I was with Vodafone for years and my town which all the other networks have covered with 3G for years still has EDGE on Vodafone, this made me move to a sim only EE (T-Mobile) for my new 5s from Vodafone PAYG on a 3GS and 24 month contract on a 4S

im on 3 and the 3g coverage is good but what i like is that then i went into london at the weekend i could use the (limited) 4g network instead and it didnt cost me anything more yay for 3 data plans