Hello,

I am new with making my own custom cables, and have decided to make more for selling but kinda stuck. Originally making for Corsair HX750i but i have to make it universal because someone can buy having different psu.
Want to make CPU, GPU.

So my questions.
Are all psu pinouts are same/universal or there is difference.
Like 3/4 type (as i understood just ATX is diff.)
18 awg wire enough for gpu? if i want to make 6+2 with same tail.
And how can i make from x2 6pin into 8pin for cpu.

PLZ Help me to solve it

So much smart guys and no one knows... :/

I found all answers except one. Last one, how to make 8pin from x2 6pin (CPU)

On 4/1/2018 at 10:34 AM, Nox tech said:

Hello,

I am new with making my own custom cables, and have decided to make more for selling but kinda stuck. Originally making for Corsair HX750i but i have to make it universal because someone can buy having different psu.
Want to make CPU, GPU.

So my questions.
Are all psu pinouts are same/universal or there is difference.
Like 3/4 type (as i understood just ATX is diff.)
18 awg wire enough for gpu? if i want to make 6+2 with same tail.
And how can i make from x2 6pin into 8pin for cpu.

PLZ Help me to solve it

- Every PSU has different pin-outs you can not make a universal version. Also you need to fully test the cables before you plug the cables into your hardware. I assume you have a tester for that?

- 18 AWG is fine for most PSU(Voltage drops may be a bit higher), 16 AWG is preferred(Most PSU brands use 16 AWG over 18 AWG). If your making one for Corsair, Don't forget they use Capacitors. Where brands like EVGA don't.

Side Note: Some of 6-pin\8-pin connectors are keyed different from Brand to Brand. Corsair are different then what EVGA uses.

- There no such thing as a Dual 6-pin to 8-pin for EPS. Do you maybe mean for GPU?

I would do some research on cable creation before starting. It sounds like your very new to all of this, Just be very careful and always test everything before plugging them in.

-------

My own Creation:

918ILpnl.jpg

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

Hello, thanks for your replay.

Yes your right, i am totally new with this stuff although i have good understanding with terminals as i work as operator. (Making wires for cars/trucks)

So my aim is for 1200w PSU.

On 2018-04-07 at 9:10 AM, Revan654 said:

Side Note: Some of 6-pin\8-pin connectors are keyed different from Brand to Brand. Corsair are different then what EVGA uses.

The difference comes from how much wattage or by brand ? (Will pick Evga or Corsair, will see by the price).

And can you more explain in depth about capacitors, what they do and what is the difference that i have to know. (Wanna to sell later, so kinda don't want to fack this up).

7 hours ago, Nox tech said:

Hello, thanks for your replay.

Yes your right, i am totally new with this stuff although i have good understanding with terminals as i work as operator. (Making wires for cars/trucks)

So my aim is for 1200w PSU.

The difference comes from how much wattage or by brand ? (Will pick Evga or Corsair, will see by the price).

And can you more explain in depth about capacitors, what they do and what is the difference that i have to know. (Wanna to sell later, so kinda don't want to fack this up).

- Corsair uses Capacitors to reduce the ripple effect. You can read about the Type 4 cables on there Blog Here: https://www.corsair.com/ww/en/blog/Explanation-of-RMi-New-Type-4-Cables

- I never used Corsair PSU. I just can't go into depth about capacitors, Since I would never buy a PSU that require them. I just prefer using EVGA PSU. Just remember every PSU series uses a different pinout. There not all the same. This is across the board from Sata/Molex to EPS to GPU to FInally the ATX.

- You can also build your own Pinout if needed with a Multimeter. Which is what I did with my cables. Since mine has the lease amount of wire crosses as possible.

- One other thing to remember, The doubles wires from Brand to Brand are different. One Brand may only use 3 where another may use 4 or more. The Size of the connector may also be different at PSU.

- Just make sure when crimping the wire strands don't enter the barrel of the terminal. They need to be long enough to pass through the conductor with strands exposed.

No, has nothing to do with output. It's just uses a different key, Corsair are different uses compared to other brands. The housing/connectors from molex are rated at 13.0A(Which is more then enough for 12V or less). Most of the OEM connectors will match them.

I know the thread is massive but there allot of cable information in my Build log(From PSU to Fans & USB).

My Fan Cables are a bit more unique (Atlease at the time they were). I tried for every cable to be heatshrink free.

Hp2aC3Rl.jpg

x5L6nzpl.jpg

I even have cable combs for them. :)

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

• 1 month later...

Heheh I would never ever do custom cables for selling... I'm a complete perfectionist and every single cable has to be just perfect lenght, every turn and flip--- it takes me too much time and efford to archive it that I would carge a fortune for each one hahaha.
Good luck with your proyect, hope you get a lot of customers

For example those 2 that I am working on

20180511_134709.jpg

20180511_134700.jpg

20180511_134744.jpg

20180511_135015.jpg