Ai Suite 3 Vs Corsair Link

Go to solution Solved by Morgan MLGman,

You should set the CPU fan speed to full speed in your BIOS and you shouldn't touch it in AI Suite.

This way, the pump and the fans of your H100i v2 get correct voltage. Apparently, you can actually damage the pump over time if it doesn't run at its full speed.

When this is done, any changes to the CPU fan speed in Corsair Link will be applied whenever you want.

Hi, I have a little bit of a problem controlling my H100i V2 AIO cooler on my Asus Z270E motherboard. It seems like Corsair Link and AI Suite conflict and the AIO fans spin up the stop completely at idle.

The current set up is the AIO Pump is connected to the CPU fan header and the 2 fans on the radiator are connected to the split cable also coming off of the water block with the corsair link data cable connected to a USB 2.0 internal header. I assume this is correct?

I need corsair link to the the RBG on the water block of the AIO don't I?

Looking at some videos I've currently got Q Fan disabled in the BIOS with CPU fan set to max, is this right? 

Under the H100i V2 tab in corsair link, it reads 0rpm on the fan but jumps between 390 -420 rpm on the pump

The rest of my case fans are connected to a fan controller built in to the NZXT Phantom 530 case if that is relevant.

Would uninstalling AI Suite solve the problem and would I still be able to monitor my CPU temps and speeds and change them using Corsair link?

I'm conserned I could do damage to my CPU and cooler if incorrectly set up. Help very much appreciated

Corsair Link lets you control a bit more than RGB, you can also monitor temperatures, RPM, etc. Uninstalling Ai Suite would likely solve your problem.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

29 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Corsair Link lets you control a bit more than RGB, you can also monitor temperatures, RPM, etc. Uninstalling Ai Suite would likely solve your problem.

Is there any point keeping AI suite? And should I change any of those BIOS settings if I'm uninstalling it?

You should set the CPU fan speed to full speed in your BIOS and you shouldn't touch it in AI Suite.

This way, the pump and the fans of your H100i v2 get correct voltage. Apparently, you can actually damage the pump over time if it doesn't run at its full speed.

When this is done, any changes to the CPU fan speed in Corsair Link will be applied whenever you want.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

16 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

What about the q fan setting? Leave that disabled too? Thank you for the help so far 

10 minutes ago, SerGreenTin said:

What about the q fan setting? Leave that disabled too? Thank you for the help so far 

Yeah, you can disable it. No problem ^_^

Also, uncheck the box "Fan stop" in AI Suite because it's what's probably causing your CPU fans to stop

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

15 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Yeah, you can disable it. No problem ^_^

Also, uncheck the box "Fan stop" in AI Suite because it's what's probably causing your CPU fans to stop

I just uninstalled it :)