J7 Sky Pro SD card problem

niicholai

Hey guys, bought a Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro through Straight Talk a while back.  Now I'm running low on space as I'm playing some large games on it and still need space for music and such (16GB internal).  So today I purchased a Samsung EVO 128GB microSDXC card, however, I can't seem to get my phone to do anything I want it to with the card.  I can't find any settings to tell it I want apps to install to the SD card from now on if they can be, can't tell it I want photos and video to go there, can't tell it anything really.  Finally managed to find out I can move like one app over to it manually after a lot of digging however it wouldn't let me move anything that made sense like my Steam phone app (which my brother can move his Steam app to SD on his Note 8).

I'm starting to get disparaged and wonder why I even bought this SD card if I can't put anything on it.  There's not even an option to make the SD card be used as internal storage.

Using Android 6.0.1 if that matters.  Any help is appreciated.

• 3 months later...
On 4/1/2018 at 1:52 AM, niicholai said:

Hey guys, bought a Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro through Straight Talk a while back.  Now I'm running low on space as I'm playing some large games on it and still need space for music and such (16GB internal).  So today I purchased a Samsung EVO 128GB microSDXC card, however, I can't seem to get my phone to do anything I want it to with the card.  I can't find any settings to tell it I want apps to install to the SD card from now on if they can be, can't tell it I want photos and video to go there, can't tell it anything really.  Finally managed to find out I can move like one app over to it manually after a lot of digging however it wouldn't let me move anything that made sense like my Steam phone app (which my brother can move his Steam app to SD on his Note 8).

I'm starting to get disparaged and wonder why I even bought this SD card if I can't put anything on it.  There's not even an option to make the SD card be used as internal storage.

On 4/1/2018 at 1:52 AM, niicholai said:

SD card support does not exist in Stock Android. Because of this, its the manufactures of these devices that decide on if the device will support SD cards and how it will support SD cards. Most phones I have owned only allowed things like picture, music and videos to be put on SD cards. The reason stock Android doesn't support SD cards is because shitty SD cards can slow down the device. So there is a possibility your phone doesn't support the feature of using SD as internal storage. Im fairly sure rooting the phone could solve the issue, but Im not the one to talk to about rooting Android devices. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.