Monochromatic | My Prodigy Build

NIC ROBERTOOO

After about 5 months of researching and dreaming up what specs I wanted for my first gaming PC, it's finally here. I know have an awesome job that I'm loving, and thought I'd celebrate by going a little over my original budget. Coincidentally, all the parts were delivered a day before my birthday :D (18/12)

It's a black and white build, hence the name ;)

So, the specs:

- 4670k (Will be OC later)

- Gigabyte 780 OC Edition (Stock ATM)
- Bitfenix Prodigy, Arctic White
- ASRock z87E ITX Motherboard

- Corsair Vengeance 2x 4gb
- Noctua NH-U12S
- Silverstone Strider 60F-PS Silver PSU
- Kingston SSD 120gb

- Seagate Barracuda 1TB
- Windows 8.1 OEM

Peripherals (already owned these)
- Steelseries Kana (white)

- Razer Blackwidow

- Samsung 27" 1080p monitor on a HumanScale single monitor arm (so beast)

- Razer Goliathus Mouse Mat

-Sennheiser 438's with Modmic 2.3

- Custom Homemade Height Adjustable Standing Desk (still in R&D)

I have a few pictures that I will be posting gradually. At the time of writing this (21/12), I am waiting on my Anti-Virus software to arrive in the mail, then to install all the drivers, GAEMS, and stuff.

Thanks for dropping by :)

Edit: 69th post ;)

"if by "bass" you mean wet farts then yes, those are the razer crapkens"

Seems like a beast build ;D 

CPU 5900x| GPU 3080ti FE| MOBO MSI MPG CARBON MAX| RAM 32GB VENGENCE PRO 3200Mhz| STORAGE Samsung 980 Pro 1TB,2X WDSN750,4TB Seagate Barracuda| COOLING 1x Corsair 360mm XR7 54mm Radiator,1x EK-CoolStream PE 360mm Radiator| GPU Block: Corsair Hydro X Series, XG7 RGB| CPU Block: Corsair Hydro X Series, XC5 RGB| Fittings: EK-Torque STC & Corsair Hydro X Series XF| Pump/Res: EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5| Tubing: Corsair Hydro X Series XT Softline| Liquid: Corsair Hydro X Series XL5 Clear| Fans: 10x Corsair SP120 RGB

31RCHDJ.jpg?1

All the parts, and I know why Linus says he loves Noctua, the packaging is so great, very professional
In the foreground is a ghetto anti-static wrist strap that's a prototype from my dad's work, in case you were wondering

v8ePQUW.jpg?1

close-up

l6drDqN.jpg?1

Prodigy front panel. The logo came off centre and skewed out of the box, might remove it and reposition it with the noctua case badge :D

g3Woo7t.jpg?1

CPU, cooler and ram installed, following Linus' build guide in the background :) 
Dat 'prosthetic leg beige' and 'poo brown' colour. Looks good with white though

Sorry for the overly large photos, I'll resize them in future posts

Nice to see new people learning nice job! :)

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

P7S78ZQ.jpg?1

Ghetto test-benching :)

bvSijJ4.jpg?1

Mmmm, dat windforce

pudXlQ3.jpg?1

Aaaand it lives! All the RAM and drives were discovered, couldn't be happier 

phxOHOs.jpg?1

The untold benefit of the I/O being on the Prodigy side panels: you can easily use the power button instead of shorting out the pins :D

Love the Prodigy, can't wait

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

This is awesome. I love small form factor builds.

My new rig build log:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/80801-m-itx-pc/?p=1158887 Now finished with  970!                          Can anybody give me a freelancer?                  I need to transport more HYPBP.               Butt Imperium games                     RAINBOW .                   840 EVO still awesome                    The evil that is verizon has been vanquished!      ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܝܬ ܐܦܪܝܡ

dat monitor

Lol I had it set up and ready to go, and forgot I needed a power cable for it... which I didn't have. Hence the different monitor in the other pic

Final build update! All images are pretty self-explanatory

CVaE3D5.jpg

ZVX7POh.jpg?1

The 24 pin is routed out of the cablerouting hole closest to it on the PSU, underneath the drive-cages and up to the motherboard, so it's not bunched up somewhere

Ah3Dr8w.jpg?1

About to test again, before setting it up in my room :D
Sorry there aren't any better photos of cable routing, it wasn't that great, but its all out of the way of airflow

fFGwVoN.jpg?1

Everything all set up, the PC itself has been moved further to the left

oqzLmOU.jpg?1

What better way to pass time while Windows is installing than to watch the RT Podcast :D

That's pretty much it! Thanks everyone for the kind words and coming for a look.
Future upgrades will include a 200mm front fan, and maybe some NB eloops as case fans :)

Cheers! 

for a first self built pc it's really awesome!!

only one complain though, was that a vga cable?!

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

awesome build for a first timer, there must of been someone helping you chose the parts and guiding you in the right direction im guessing your dad for such a great choice of components? im currently in the process of my first mITX Phenom build ft a GTX 780ti how you finding the windforce?

for a first self built pc it's really awesome!!

only one complain though, was that a vga cable?!

Only for testing ;) hdmi on full set up

awesome build for a first timer, there must of been someone helping you chose the parts and guiding you in the right direction im guessing your dad for such a great choice of components? im currently in the process of my first mITX Phenom build ft a GTX 780ti how you finding the windforce?

Nope, all on my own, I researched for 5 months while I had no income (as I said in the first post. My dad knows nothing about building a pc :P

I just turned 19, its not like I'm 15 or something ;)

And I haven't had the chance to really stress the gpu yet, but it's one of the best looking coolers out there