Windows 10 is not letting me make a read only folder a right and read folder

Wheeljack699
Go to solution Solved by intender,

windows 10 likes to do this, especially if there was another OS installed on the hdd previously.  You need to look up how to take ownership of the folder.  Its not hard to do, but I could never explain it to you, I have to look up how to do it everytime it happens to me. 

Whenever I go to properties then deselect the read only box and hit apply and ok, it reverts the folder back to read only, i can't save in video games or export a photoshop project to folder in the C: drive because of this. I'm already an admin on my PC.

Thanks in advance.

windows 10 likes to do this, especially if there was another OS installed on the hdd previously.  You need to look up how to take ownership of the folder.  Its not hard to do, but I could never explain it to you, I have to look up how to do it everytime it happens to me. 

16 minutes ago, intender said:

Thanks a lot. :D