Not sure what headset to buy, please help.

Go to solution Solved by ShearMe,

Uhh, sorry, I read it wrong, it does indeed go around and over ear (which I prefer), I was comparing it to the AKG 430 which blocks some noise from the outside, but it lacks the go around the ear thingy.

To sum it all up, I would like headphones that go around and over the ear, good at blocking outside noise and have good quality. Sorry to be such a pain.

Ah, so you want a "closed headphone" with "good isolation" ;)

If you're in the US, the CHC Silverado is a hundred bucks for now on a sale - I'd grab one while you can if you can. Just got a pair myself and the isolation is the best I've had in a headphone so far, though tbh, I haven't had a ton of closed headphones.

The Sennheiser HD 280 pro is a cheaper option which I've heard good things about.

Greetings,

I just registered, but I've been here for quite a bit now.
I am looking for a new headset and the budget is 100$; my past headsets were the Ozone Rage ST (which I didn't like the comfort), and the Steelseries Siberia v2 (which I hated how it made me sound shallow)...

My voice is a bit deep so, I would like a headset that had a mic that would keep my voice "bassy", I've heard of the Turtle Beach PX22 and the Plantronics 380...

My sound card is an Asus Xonar DGX, so, no USB headsets I guess.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thank you.

I would get a good $70 pair of HEADPHONES then get a Mod Mic. It will give you better sound quality.

And Welcome

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

First rule of thumb, NO TURTLE BEACHES. Since you don't want usb headsets, there isthe razer kraken, it's very comfortable, I have the 7.1, but its USB, so it's really nice headset overall if you choose either of the krakens, I don't think you'll have a problem with the voice, I don't have any experience with it distorting voices to higher sounds

Diamond 5 in League :)

First rule of thumb, NO TURTLE BEACHES. Since you don't want usb headsets, there isthe razer kraken, it's very comfortable, I have the 7.1, but its USB, so it's really nice headset overall if you choose either of the krakens, I don't think you'll have a problem with the voice, I don't have any experience with it distorting voices to higher sounds

May I ask, why no Turtle Beaches? I really like their mics.

And thanks for the welcome zxc.

My friend has gone through tons of them, their build quality is horrible, I think you would enjoy the mic on the kraken just as much though :P It has a retractable and movable mic, and sounds awesome, and with razer synapse you can customize the bass boost and many other options like background noise canceling and sound normalization which can help your voice problem with headsets

Diamond 5 in League :)

My friend has gone through tons of them, their build quality is horrible, I think you would enjoy the mic on the kraken just as much though :P It has a retractable and movable mic, and sounds awesome, and with razer synapse you can customize the bass boost and many other options like background noise canceling and sound normalization which can help your voice problem with headsets

I'll take a look then, thanks for the info.

Uhh, a Teemo... :P

I live in Portugal, and "we" are very strict when it comes to customs legislations coming from outside the EU. Thanks for the input though, I might go for headphone and desk mic and stretch my budget to 130$ in total.

I'll search on amazonUK and see what I can find, also, if anyone knows a good desk mic, do tell.

Thanks 

The only desk mic you'd need for VoIP is a Blue Snowflake. More expensive mics are all meant for recording purposes.

For headphones, you might be able to squeeze in a Pioneer SE-A1000. It's an open headphone which is what is recommended for gaming. If you can't make that happen, the only cheaper options I can think of would probably be from Superlux. DO NOT PAY MORE THAN 40 EUROS FOR A SUPERLUX HEADPHONE. They're a good cheap headphone, but not something you should shell out for if you catch my meaning.

The only desk mic you'd need for VoIP is a Blue Snowflake. More expensive mics are all meant for recording purposes.

For headphones, you might be able to squeeze in a Pioneer SE-A1000. It's an open headphone which is what is recommended for gaming. If you can't make that happen, the only cheaper options I can think of would probably be from Superlux. DO NOT PAY MORE THAN 40 EUROS FOR A SUPERLUX HEADPHONE. They're a good cheap headphone, but not something you should shell out for if you catch my meaning.

Cord length: 6 meters?! I could go bungee jumping with that! Thanks for the info.

Oh and one more thing, the Snowflake and Snowball have the same price, seems like the Snowball has more features, is it a good pick?

Cord length: 6 meters?! I could go bungee jumping with that! Thanks for the info.

Oh and more thing, the Snowflake and Snowball have the same price, seems like the Snowball has more features, is it a good pick?

If they're the same price, might as well get the better one - the Snowball. I think mainly, it just has more features for attaching pop filters and shock mounts and such. The snowflake is smaller and better for hauling around with a laptop, though.

If they're the same price, might as well get the better one - the Snowball. I think mainly, it just has more features for attaching pop filters and shock mounts and such. The snowflake is smaller and better for hauling around with a laptop, though.

Going back to the SE-A1000, seems like it doesn't cover the ears, I'm not really a fan of that to be honest. Also, I forgot to mention this is for mainly gaming (Battlefield 4, Assassin's Creed IV, League of Legends, etc), music (House, Drum and Bass, Funk) and Skype.

Going back to the SE-A1000, seems like it doesn't cover the ears, I'm not really a fan of that to be honest. Also, I forgot to mention this is for mainly gaming (Battlefield 4, Assassin's Creed IV, League of Legends, etc), music (House, Drum and Bass, Funk) and Skype.

By cover the ear, do you mean you want something that goes around and over the ear, or something that sits on the ear? The SE-A1000 goes completely around the ear. The cups aren't very deep, so your ear might touch the padding over the driver, but another user got over that nuisance by stuffing some fabric under the pads. I don't find it irritating at all because the clamping force on them is very minimal and they're pretty lightweight.

By cover the ear, do you mean you want something that goes around and over the ear, or something that sits on the ear? The SE-A1000 goes completely around the ear. The cups aren't very deep, so your ear might touch the padding over the driver, but another user got over that nuisance by stuffing some fabric under the pads. I don't find it irritating at all because the clamping force on them is very minimal and they're pretty lightweight.

Uhh, sorry, I read it wrong, it does indeed go around and over ear (which I prefer), I was comparing it to the AKG 430 which blocks some noise from the outside, but it lacks the go around the ear thingy.

To sum it all up, I would like headphones that go around and over the ear, good at blocking outside noise and have good quality. Sorry to be such a pain.

Ah, so you want a "closed headphone" with "good isolation" ;)

If you're in the US, the CHC Silverado is a hundred bucks for now on a sale - I'd grab one while you can if you can. Just got a pair myself and the isolation is the best I've had in a headphone so far, though tbh, I haven't had a ton of closed headphones.

The Sennheiser HD 280 pro is a cheaper option which I've heard good things about.

Ah, so you want a "closed headphone" with "good isolation"  ;)

If you're in the US, the CHC Silverado is a hundred bucks for now on a sale - I'd grab one while you can if you can. Just got a pair myself and the isolation is the best I've had in a headphone so far, though tbh, I haven't had a ton of closed headphones.

Right, those are my requirements.  :)
However, I'm from Portugal, so that CHC is a nay way. I'll check on that HD 280 and a few more options.
Thanks a lot of your time and info.