I’m completely lost.

I’m starting from the ground up with Blender, have no idea what I’m doing, here’s where I’m at with no idea where to proceed form here:

P.S. at least the program actually runs with a Quadro P5000, as opposed to a 1080 Ti

1062984F-E0EB-4F1F-8E71-0233ED406E8E.jpeg

I'd start by deleting the cube, which is just Del + Enter. And then over the create tab and choose a shape to put it onto your scene. To move your POV, hold right click and move. And to move shapes, left click on them and drag the 3 arrows for the X,Y and Z axes. and to render, you use F12

Those are the main things you need to learn before becoming much more advanced

2 minutes ago, callum._.clark said:

I'd start by deleting the cube, which is just Del + Enter. And then over the create tab and choose a shape to put it onto your scene. To move your POV, hold right click and move. And to move shapes, left click on them and drag the 3 arrows for the X,Y and Z axes. and to render, you use F12

Those are the main things you need to learn before becoming much more advanced

Thank you very much for taking the time to explain all that! In all seriousness, I probably don’t deserve a Threadripper 1950X with a Quadro P5000 setup considering my skill level, which is basically 0.

I would recommend going through a beginner tutorial series to get a base-level understanding of the main parts of using Blender. I can personally vouch for Blender Guru but of course you should find one that suits your preferred learning style and interests.

Edit: And if you're interested in photorealism , make sure to use Cycles (You can select this at the top of the Blender window where it currently says "Blender render") Also remember to make sure you're actually using the GPU for rendering in Cycles. (File -> Use Preferences -> System -> Cycles Compute Device)

Youtube has a ton of tutorial videos as well.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

29 minutes ago, gtrfdews said:

I would recommend going through a beginner tutorial series to get a base-level understanding of the main parts of using Blender. I can personally vouch for Blender Guru but of course you should find one that suits your preferred learning style and interests.

Edit: And if you're interested in photorealism , make sure to use Cycles (You can select this at the top of the Blender window where it currently says "Blender render") Also remember to make sure you're actually using the GPU for rendering in Cycles. (File -> Use Preferences -> System -> Cycles Compute Device)

Thank you very much, I appreciate and will take your advice!

If you are completely new to 3D modelling, it will take some time to learn things. But Blender has really good tutorials. It was actually my first touch on 3D modelling, and helped as basic when I have later used Sketchup for some smaller projects. And probably will also help in future if I ever have to use CAD tools for something.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv