Fixing and unbootable ssd with windows 7

Okay I tried taking an SSD out of one laptop and put it I into a new laptop and run it. SSD was the boot drive in the old laptop and everything worked. I put it into the new machine and I can’t boot. If I make my windows partition active it says bootmgr is missing. If I make my system reserved partition active, it says boot\bcd is not found. I have tried every single possible combination of things that I found on the internet. Bcdedit, bcdboot, fixboot, fixboot, fixmbr, rebuildbcd, and I’m getting nowhere. If you can quote the solution off of some webpage, I’ve probably already tried it. I need help with this ASAP please. Does anyone know what the bcdstore is and where it supposed to be? It doesn’t even boot in the old laptop anymore.

And then I’d like to know the reason why I can’t just swap SSDs and expect it to work and what’s the best way of doing that.

have you tried using a windows repair disk or trying to reinstall it? was it an OEM version of windows

I am using a bootable usb to even get to a command prompt

And windows automatic repair automatically breaks it even further in my case. Makes the usb unbootable 

Formatting the drive is out of the question it has too much valuable stuff on it.

can you access the valuable stuff from a different pc by copying it?

I would recommend copying the drive and reinstalling windows 

well they are valuable programs with valuable local licenses. Any other suggestions?

The SSD is/was mated to the old system when Windows was installed.  When you just pull the SSD out of the old machine and put it in the new mobo, it doesn't recognize the new mobo.  This is the primary reason that when installing a different or new drive into a system as the bootable drive it is strongly recommended to do a clean, fresh install.  If possible, put it in a system as a slave drive.  That way you will be able to save your data, documents, files and pictures.

After "hopefully" saving your stuff from the drive, then you can put it in the new mobo (system) and go ahead and install everything and it should work.