HDMI on Canon 760D/T6s not working?

Rootzy

Just wondering if anyone has had the same problem, or has any suggestions on what to do.

My Canon 760D's HDMI port is really intermittent and can't output to my monitor like 95% of the time. I have got it working a few times by messing around and plugging it in at different times and trail and error, but I have just come to use my monitor again and for the life of me can't seem to get it working. The monitor just says "No HDMI Signal"..

The port looks fine on the camera and I have blown it with an air can to make sure it is clean. I have also tried several cables so it's not the cable.The monitor also works fine with my Sony camera so it's not the monitor.

21 hours ago, Rootzy said:

Just wondering if anyone has had the same problem, or has any suggestions on what to do.

My Canon 760D's HDMI port is really intermittent and can't output to my monitor like 95% of the time. I have got it working a few times by messing around and plugging it in at different times and trail and error, but I have just come to use my monitor again and for the life of me can't seem to get it working. The monitor just says "No HDMI Signal"..

The port looks fine on the camera and I have blown it with an air can to make sure it is clean. I have also tried several cables so it's not the cable.The monitor also works fine with my Sony camera so it's not the monitor.

what is the monitor you use and did you verify the settings for hdmi out in the camera menu?

yeah what would i know about cameras or cinematography compared to you tech people.  i've only done this work for nearly 20 years, won a few awards, worked in over a dozen different countries and a few multi million dollar projects

1 hour ago, LaFemmeEnVert said:

what is the monitor you use and did you verify the settings for hdmi out in the camera menu?

I use a Viltrox DC-70, and what do you mean by verifying it in the settings?

On 31/03/2018 at 1:06 AM, Rootzy said:

So plug it all in as if you were using it and then go into the menu settings and select the blue tab. On my t6 it appears in the second blue tab but on my 80d it appears on the third tab, just search around as it varies camera to camera. 

I suck a typing, preparw for typos.

Desktop

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x MOBO: MSI X570-A Pro RAM: 32 GB Corsair DDR4

GPUS: Gigabyte GTX 1660ti OC 6G  CASE: Corsair Carbide 100R STORAGE: Samsung Evo 960 500GB, Crucial P1 M.2 NVME 1TB   PSU: Corsair CX550M CPU COOLER: Corsair H100x

LAPTOP

Apple Macbook Pro 13 M1 Pro

On 4/3/2018 at 12:04 AM, another random person said:

So plug it all in as if you were using it and then go into the menu settings and select the blue tab. On my t6 it appears in the second blue tab but on my 80d it appears on the third tab, just search around as it varies camera to camera. 

Welp, I just plugged the monitor in to try and it was working :/ It just seems really hit or miss. I have control over HDMI enabled.

On 3/30/2018 at 5:06 PM, Rootzy said:

i mean check to ensure that the video signal output is compatible with the monitor

yeah what would i know about cameras or cinematography compared to you tech people.  i've only done this work for nearly 20 years, won a few awards, worked in over a dozen different countries and a few multi million dollar projects

40 minutes ago, LaFemmeEnVert said:

i mean check to ensure that the video signal output is compatible with the monitor

Yes, the monitor does support 1080p HDMI signals from the camera. I also enabled Control over HDMI but not sure if that will make any difference.

14 minutes ago, Rootzy said:

Yes, the monitor does support 1080p HDMI signals from the camera. I also enabled Control over HDMI but not sure if that will make any difference.

i think you don't need control over hdmi for monitoring your video and if the hdmi output setting is correct and you continue having problems perhaps there is a fault with the hdmi connector on the camera.  can you test with another monitor?

On 4/5/2018 at 12:22 AM, Rootzy said:

Welp, I just plugged the monitor in to try and it was working :/ It just seems really hit or miss. I have control over HDMI enabled.

It really does seems like a fault in either the monitor, cable or the actual HDMI port on the body. To test the body maybe if possible, use a different monitor and cable. To test the cable, switch monitors. To test the monitor just plug the HDMI into a laptop or computer. That way you can identify the fault if there is even one at all. 

More often than not though the monitor is at fault but its not uncommon to come across a bad port or cable. 

I suck a typing, preparw for typos.

Desktop

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x MOBO: MSI X570-A Pro RAM: 32 GB Corsair DDR4

GPUS: Gigabyte GTX 1660ti OC 6G  CASE: Corsair Carbide 100R STORAGE: Samsung Evo 960 500GB, Crucial P1 M.2 NVME 1TB   PSU: Corsair CX550M CPU COOLER: Corsair H100x

LAPTOP

Apple Macbook Pro 13 M1 Pro