Push and pull fans on radiator

Does having push and pull vans on a AIO matter? i have two extra fans and was thinking about putting them on.

Push/pull can help improve cooling especially when one fan can't provide adequate performance on it's own. It makes a bigger difference on thick/dense rads or with fans at low rpm.

What AIO and fans do you have?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

it probably wont make much of a difference because most AIOs have thin radiators.

35 minutes ago, Stevennolan28 said:

Does having push and pull vans on a AIO matter? i have two extra fans and was thinking about putting them on.

Not worth it

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

36 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Push/pull can help improve cooling especially when one fan can't provide adequate performance on it's own. It makes a bigger difference on thick/dense rads or with fans at low rpm.

What AIO and fans do you have?

I have the fractal design s24

15 minutes ago, Stevennolan28 said:

I have the fractal design s24

What fans do you have?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

So, choice of fan matters, but I won't say that it's entirely pointless.

Back when my GPU was cooled by an 120mm AiO, I spent a couple months using a single fan before adding a second fan for push/pull.

What I achieved was the same temps (mid 60s at load) while being able to run both fans slower for less noise.

So I figure there's some worth in going from a single set of fans to push/pull, even if you already have good quality, static pressure optimized fans.

The performance gain may be small though, which is why I wouldn't recommend just outright buying new fans if you current ones are good.

But if you have some extra fans lying around, why not?

---